Problem playing games



Nicw
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to play,
it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes up
with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'.

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
What make and model Video Card do you have?
"Nicw" <Nicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78CC28C3-3833-4B33-983F-8719DF905649@microsoft.com...
>I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
> components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to
> play,
> it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
> make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
> installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes
> up
> with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'.

Nicw
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
I have a Nvidia geforce4 mx440 with agp8x (i dont have a clue what agp8x is
thats just what it says)

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> What make and model Video Card do you have?
> "Nicw" <Nicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:78CC28C3-3833-4B33-983F-8719DF905649@microsoft.com...
> >I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
> > components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to
> > play,
> > it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
> > make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
> > installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes
> > up
> > with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'.
>
>
>

TRIGGER210
07-10-2005, 02:00 AM
"" wrote:
> I have a Nvidia geforce4 mx440 with agp8x (i dont have a clue
> what agp8x is
> thats just what it says)
>
> "Rich Barry" wrote:
>
> > What make and model Video Card do you have?
> > "Nicw" <Nicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:78CC28C3-3833-4B33-983F-8719DF905649@microsoft.com...
> > >I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows
> xp and all
> > > components but i am having trouble playing my games,
> whenever I try to
> > > play,
> > > it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation
> failure, please
> > > make sure you have installed directx and a updated display
> driver'. I have
> > > installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver
> but it still comes
> > > up
> > > with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d
> device'.
> >
> >
> >

Make sure you have then newest drivers for you Video Card, as they my
be need to run smoothly with SP2

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Problem-playing-games-ftopict553940.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1762538

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Before you wiped your hard drive I assume that the games were playing Ok.
You basically want to reinstall the same Nvidia
Driver that you had previously which you know worked fine. Did the Video
Card come with a CD or is it a video chip that's
integrated into the Motherboard?
"Nicw" <Nicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78CC28C3-3833-4B33-983F-8719DF905649@microsoft.com...
>I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
> components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to
> play,
> it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
> make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
> installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes
> up
> with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'.

Nicw
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
It is not integrated and i'v lost the cd that the video card came with so I
have been downloading lots of diferent drivers which are compatible with my
card but i still get the message when i try to start a game and yes my games
were working fine before i wiped my hard drive

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Before you wiped your hard drive I assume that the games were playing Ok.
> You basically want to reinstall the same Nvidia
> Driver that you had previously which you know worked fine. Did the Video
> Card come with a CD or is it a video chip that's
> integrated into the Motherboard?
> "Nicw" <Nicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:78CC28C3-3833-4B33-983F-8719DF905649@microsoft.com...
> >I have recently wiped my hard disks and reinstalled windows xp and all
> > components but i am having trouble playing my games, whenever I try to
> > play,
> > it comes up with an error message saying '3d intialisation failure, please
> > make sure you have installed directx and a updated display driver'. I have
> > installed directx 9.0 and have a updated display driver but it still comes
> > up
> > with this message. In some cases it says 'cannot create 3d device'.
>
>
>


Problem playing games