Graphic card



David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I has happend somthing with my graphic card,I can just play games in software
mode. It´s like this "Your video card is not suported". someone can help me
? should be nice :)

Plato
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWRfX18=?= wrote:
>
> I has happend somthing with my graphic card,I can just play games in software
> mode. It´s like this "Your video card is not suported". someone can help me
> ? should be nice :)

Re-Install the correct drivers for your video card.






--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

R. C. White
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi, David.

OK. I give up. I can't guess it. What IS the make and model of your
graphics card?

Do you have the latest drivers for it installed?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"David___" <David___@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DDC368BC-D7DA-4820-BCFD-F339D3CC390E@microsoft.com...
>I has happend somthing with my graphic card,I can just play games in
>software
> mode. Its like this "Your video card is not suported". someone can help
> me
> ? should be nice :)

Test User
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
"David___" <David___@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DDC368BC-D7DA-4820-BCFD-F339D3CC390E@microsoft.com...
> I has happend somthing with my graphic card,I can just play games in
software
> mode. Its like this "Your video card is not suported". someone can help
me
> ? should be nice :)

That message can mean that the card your machine has lacks necessary
features or doesn't have a driver that will work with those games.

For example, many newer machines (where I am) with embedded graphics cards
use an Intel graphics chip. This is fine, except that it lacks some
functions (T&L - transform and lighting) required by some newer games, like
Star Wars and others. The games will simply not run on these chips.

The way around this is to install a card that *is* supported. Check the
game specifications for details.

HTH
-pk

David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)


PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)

David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
The graphic card is a "nvidia riva TNT2 model64"

Bob I
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Make sure you install the motherboard drivers is necessary and then the
video adapter drivers for the card.

David___ wrote:

> I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
> can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
> it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
> verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
>
>
> PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)

David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
What is motherboard drivers? :)

"Bob I" wrote:

> Make sure you install the motherboard drivers is necessary and then the
> video adapter drivers for the card.
>
> David___ wrote:
>
> > I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
> > can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
> > it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
> > verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
> >
> >
> > PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)
>
>

David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
What is motherboard drivers? :)

"Bob I" wrote:

> Make sure you install the motherboard drivers is necessary and then the
> video adapter drivers for the card.
>
> David___ wrote:
>
> > I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
> > can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
> > it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
> > verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
> >
> >
> > PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)
>
>

beamish
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Hello, Go to the video card site "http://www.nvidia.com" and download the
latest driver for your card. The site will have a driver download link. On
their site you can read about installing the new driver.

When you reinstalled "Windows" it installed the original driver for the
card. You should be able to bypass "Windows" asking for a signed driver, ask
"Windows" to install without signed driver. You can try this before trying a
new driver.

I am not knowledgeable concerning computers, os etc.
I hope this works and is of some value.

Take Care.
beamish.

"David___" wrote:

> The graphic card is a "nvidia riva TNT2 model64"

Cycranox
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
If im understanding right, your saying when you try to install the graphic
card driver , that windows is telling you the drivers have not been tested (
or certified, signed whatever ). Make sure your installing the same version
drivers you had before you had to reinstall windows. ( its possible you
updated your video card drivers before installing the games your having
problems with ). Also if for some reason you dont know what version driver
you had , and your now trying to install the latest version ( that hasnt been
tested ) That is fine install the drivers anyway , click install yes , see
if that helps with the problem . Windows isnt telling you it cant install the
drivers its just warning you that they havent been tested or signed.

"David___" wrote:

> I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
> can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
> it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
> verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
>
>
> PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)

David___
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I´ve already test that , it doesn´t help :(

"Cycranox" wrote:

> If im understanding right, your saying when you try to install the graphic
> card driver , that windows is telling you the drivers have not been tested (
> or certified, signed whatever ). Make sure your installing the same version
> drivers you had before you had to reinstall windows. ( its possible you
> updated your video card drivers before installing the games your having
> problems with ). Also if for some reason you dont know what version driver
> you had , and your now trying to install the latest version ( that hasnt been
> tested ) That is fine install the drivers anyway , click install yes , see
> if that helps with the problem . Windows isnt telling you it cant install the
> drivers its just warning you that they havent been tested or signed.
>
> "David___" wrote:
>
> > I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
> > can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
> > it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
> > verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
> >
> >
> > PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)

Bob I
07-10-2005, 01:58 AM
They on the CD that came with the motherboard/computer. You need to
install ALL the necessary hardware drivers for your computer if you are
to return it to the condition it was before you "reinstalled" Windows.

David___ wrote:

> What is motherboard drivers? :)
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>
>>Make sure you install the motherboard drivers is necessary and then the
>>video adapter drivers for the card.
>>
>>David___ wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have played the game before but i reinstall my windows last weekend and i
>>>can´t play that game anymoore.when i shall install drivers to the grapic card
>>>it stands that my graphic card haven´t go trough "microsoft test program" to
>>>verify combalitet with windows xp (Designed for windows)
>>>
>>>
>>>PS:I´m swedish,,i can´t so much english :)
>>
>>


Graphic card