2 video cards ok?



VB Programmer
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently have a
WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER video
card which will be mainly for gaming.

Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other strictly
for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?

Thanks!

Ted Zieglar
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Yep. Nope. Enjoy them both. Give some thought to how you plan to connect the
cards to your motherboard (AGP, PCI or PCie).

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
news:upKFhizdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently have
a
> WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER video
> card which will be mainly for gaming.
>
> Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other
strictly
> for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?
>
> Thanks!
>
>

VB Programmer
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks. Do I have to plug a monitor into the card that I want to use?

"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
news:u0eM5yzdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Yep. Nope. Enjoy them both. Give some thought to how you plan to connect
> the
> cards to your motherboard (AGP, PCI or PCie).
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
> news:upKFhizdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently
>> have
> a
>> WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER
>> video
>> card which will be mainly for gaming.
>>
>> Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other
> strictly
>> for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>>
>
>

Ted Zieglar
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Do you meant to ask "Will anything bad happen if one of the cards doesn't
have a monitor attached to it?"

I can't say for sure, since I haven't tried that myself. However, I can
think of no reason why it would cause a problem. The components inside a
computer are designed to work together, but if you were to ask them, they
would tell you "I'm just here to do my job and I don't care about anybody
else."

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
news:eWYS50zdFHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks. Do I have to plug a monitor into the card that I want to use?
>
> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
> news:u0eM5yzdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Yep. Nope. Enjoy them both. Give some thought to how you plan to connect
> > the
> > cards to your motherboard (AGP, PCI or PCie).
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
> > news:upKFhizdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently
> >> have
> > a
> >> WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER
> >> video
> >> card which will be mainly for gaming.
> >>
> >> Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other
> > strictly
> >> for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>

peterk
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
The card that you mentioned does NOT seem to be a video card...but rather a
TV tuner Card
http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_tv2000xp_deluxe_1.html
All of its connections are input........nothing out
Look in back of your system and see what your monitor is hooked up to...I
doubt if its the Winfast.
peterk

--
It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
the problem
"VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
news:upKFhizdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently have
>a WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER
>video card which will be mainly for gaming.
>
> Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other
> strictly for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?
>
> Thanks!
>

Tweak
07-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I dont have a tv tuner but i do run dual monitors. I run both Nvida
cards. Thats frist thing. If you wanted to run dual cards and cant get
the same kind

(ie like two pci geforce 5700) or at least the same kind like one pci
or one agp then at least get the same brand. I'm running a 5700 for my
main and a gefore 2 mx 200 for my secondary. I just use that to have my
start menu and my chat windows on. but also depending on what you get
(pci agp ect) make sure your bios is set right to. If you want to use
your gaming card as your main card and its Pci then make sure in the
bios the pci card is set to be the primary boot. you can usulay find
this under one othe advance conf pages. And like i run both nvida and
it has its own Nview software that supports dual monitor and you can
even choose to set which video card you want to be primary or to extend
to another monitor. you can easily switch from single to dual monitor
with the nview just by a check mark. So choose your stuff wisly and try
to get the same brand of both. Nvidia and Radion both have their own
dual screen software that is easy to use


--
Tweak

Damo
07-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Make sure you know what the card in your computer actually is, TV or video
or combined, and where you are plugging your monitor into (motherboard or
PCI/AGP) then get back to us. That TV tuner card in your system is NOT a
video card as well.
Damo

"peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
news:eqKBDq5dFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The card that you mentioned does NOT seem to be a video card...but rather
> a TV tuner Card
> http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/winfast_tv2000xp_deluxe_1.html
> All of its connections are input........nothing out
> Look in back of your system and see what your monitor is hooked up to...I
> doubt if its the Winfast.
> peterk
>
> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
> about the problem
> "VB Programmer" <xDontEmailMe@Dont.com> wrote in message
> news:upKFhizdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>I have an XP Pro machine (2.66GHz P4 with 1.5GB of RAM). I currently have
>>a WinFast TV2000 XP video card with a TV tuner. I want to buy ANOTHER
>>video card which will be mainly for gaming.
>>
>> Question: Can I have 2 video cards, 1 for TV tuning and the other
>> strictly for gaming? Or, will there be conflicts?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>
>


2 video cards ok?