sound prob



yit4s
07-10-2005, 01:55 AM
well, i intstalled my driver just fine and good but i get this low quality
sound, very very low... like no bass etc

so how?

p/s:i use Avance AC97

Bob I
07-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Is the driver actually the correct one? Just because a driver installs
does not mean that it is the correct one, and the indication of an
incorrect driver is distorted or poor sound reproduction.

yit4s wrote:

> well, i intstalled my driver just fine and good but i get this low quality
> sound, very very low... like no bass etc
>
> so how?
>
> p/s:i use Avance AC97
>
>

PCDaddy
07-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Bob I Wrote:
> Is the driver actually the correct one? Just because a driver installs
> does not mean that it is the correct one, and the indication of an
> incorrect driver is distorted or poor sound reproduction.
>
> yit4s wrote:
>
> > well, i intstalled my driver just fine and good but i get this low
> quality
> > sound, very very low... like no bass etc
> >
> > so how?
> >
> > p/s:i use Avance AC97
> >
> >

Just a thought...you will probably get poor sound if your speakers are
low quality also. When you play something in Win media or Winamp etc...
they usually have an equalizer setting to increase the sound quality. In
my experience, you can have the best sound card but if your speakers are
low quality, forget it. I have two awesome bass speakers for my pc and
it makes a world of difference. I have the same AC97. If your speakers
are low quality, then you are probably getting distortion, high pitch
sounds. When you increase the bass, a whole lot of distortion.


--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Yves Leclerc
07-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Any AC 97 sound system will never sound great. AC 97 does not have
dedicated RAM and the processor is not in the same category as true sound
card. If you want true "sound" you should be considering to add a sound
card (like the Sound Blaster Audigy 2).

"PCDaddy" <PCDaddy.1qobbm@> wrote in message
news:r_udney-nu8U2C3fRVn_vg@giganews.com...
>
> Bob I Wrote:
>> Is the driver actually the correct one? Just because a driver installs
>> does not mean that it is the correct one, and the indication of an
>> incorrect driver is distorted or poor sound reproduction.
>>
>> yit4s wrote:
>>
>> > well, i intstalled my driver just fine and good but i get this low
>> quality
>> > sound, very very low... like no bass etc
>> >
>> > so how?
>> >
>> > p/s:i use Avance AC97
>> >
>> >
>
> Just a thought...you will probably get poor sound if your speakers are
> low quality also. When you play something in Win media or Winamp etc...
> they usually have an equalizer setting to increase the sound quality. In
> my experience, you can have the best sound card but if your speakers are
> low quality, forget it. I have two awesome bass speakers for my pc and
> it makes a world of difference. I have the same AC97. If your speakers
> are low quality, then you are probably getting distortion, high pitch
> sounds. When you increase the bass, a whole lot of distortion.
>
>
> --
> PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
>


sound prob