SecPol.msc



Daniel Carwile
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Is there any way to change local security policies in XP Home edition?
I need to change the policies for the Administrator account. In XP pro you
have the local security policy editor. Home doesn't have it or at least I
can't find it.

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
That feature is not available in Windows XP Home Edition.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups


Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daniel Carwile" wrote:

| Is there any way to change local security policies in XP Home edition?
| I need to change the policies for the Administrator account. In XP pro you
| have the local security policy editor. Home doesn't have it or at least I
| can't find it.

Daniel Carwile
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
The Administrator account is disabled. How can I reset it and change
the security policies for it? I think somehow it got set to only allow 1
try and not to allow blank password. But the password is blank. Therefore
I can never sign on as Administrator. Can I do it in the registry and if so
where?

Danny


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:eVxjjmSbFHA.2440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That feature is not available in Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Daniel Carwile" wrote:
>
> | Is there any way to change local security policies in XP Home edition?
> | I need to change the policies for the Administrator account. In XP pro
> you
> | have the local security policy editor. Home doesn't have it or at least
> I
> | can't find it.
>

Pavel A.
07-10-2005, 01:54 AM
In Home, you have to boot in safe mode in order to logon as administrator.
Please ty find some reference on how XP Home is different from the normal version.
Or, if you can upgrade from this crippleware version, consider this.

Regards,
--PA

"Daniel Carwile" <DannyCarwile@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:eZwtfjTbFHA.1360@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The Administrator account is disabled. How can I reset it and change
> the security policies for it? I think somehow it got set to only allow 1
> try and not to allow blank password. But the password is blank. Therefore
> I can never sign on as Administrator. Can I do it in the registry and if so
> where?
>
> Danny
>
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eVxjjmSbFHA.2440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > That feature is not available in Windows XP Home Edition.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> >
> > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "Daniel Carwile" wrote:
> >
> > | Is there any way to change local security policies in XP Home edition?
> > | I need to change the policies for the Administrator account. In XP pro
> > you
> > | have the local security policy editor. Home doesn't have it or at least
> > I
> > | can't find it.
> >
>
>


SecPol.msc