Burning Software Preference? Nero or Sonic?



newzzzguy
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
Thanks!
--
Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

Wojo
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I use Ulead Movie Factory but have used both the programs you are asking
about.
MyDVD is easier to use but gives less options and control over the final
product.
Nero is a bit more intimidating to use but offers far more flexibility in
menuing (if that's a word) and the final result is much more professional
looking.
So I guess "which is better" depends on the point of view and technical
skills of the user.

"newzzzguy" <newzzzguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AA876E6B-E8EA-44A5-BF5B-828B5072D0DC@microsoft.com...
> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
> Thanks!
> --
> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

RandyPC
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5! Like the others,...there is a brief learning
curve, but the later 2 versions ...7 and 7.5 are reliable and comprehensive
media programs.
Chaptering with the DVD app is easy and I experience virtually no bad discs
after version six. Although the package offers Video Wave ver 7 for editing
video, I still use WMMII because of it's ease of use. Nero, Sonic ...Or
Roxio!?


RandyPC

jdiedforu
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I've got ULEAD and NERO. They both are easy to use. NERO takes just a little
longer to use, but the features are far better. Also, ULEAD takes longer to
encode and complete, and it gives me a few more Cup Coasters (errors on
discs). NERO's encoder is a little faster and very few errors.
I want to try Premier Elements, I hear it rocks!
Jdiedforu
Oh, SONIC sux IMHO, tried it for a long while. Yuck.

"newzzzguy" wrote:

> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
> Thanks!
> --
> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

Wojo
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Is this with Movie Factory 3 or one of the other Ulead DVD products?
I only ask because it's been my experience with MF3 that it encodes/burns
much much faster than Nero and I have never made a coaster with it.

"jdiedforu" <jdiedforu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A80DB5E7-A17C-4352-BC88-BEF00D6B34A3@microsoft.com...
> I've got ULEAD and NERO. They both are easy to use. NERO takes just a
> little
> longer to use, but the features are far better. Also, ULEAD takes longer
> to
> encode and complete, and it gives me a few more Cup Coasters (errors on
> discs). NERO's encoder is a little faster and very few errors.
> I want to try Premier Elements, I hear it rocks!
> Jdiedforu
> Oh, SONIC sux IMHO, tried it for a long while. Yuck.
>
> "newzzzguy" wrote:
>
>> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD?
>> I
>> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

Tester
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Like many people, I have tried at least 6+ different popular apps. I really
like the ease, power, compatibility, and completeness of the Full NERO 6.x
Suite, which includes the Nero Buring ROM app, Nero VisionExpress 3, and
more. Also, if you get the DVD plugin for recoding, you can take an 8+ gig
double sided DVD and it does a great job of high quality compression to make
it fit on a single sided 4 gig DVDR. On most DVDs I can't see any real
quality difference between the 2. Tiny tiny difference. But extremely clear
and clean.

I have Roxio Media Creator 7 and MySonic at work and I can't stand them. And
I haven't been able to do as much DVD stuff as I can with Nero. I seem to
always run into complications with them. Not sure what the cheapest solution
is. Ulead DVD factory 3 I liked as well and also had good luck with it.

"newzzzguy" <newzzzguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AA876E6B-E8EA-44A5-BF5B-828B5072D0DC@microsoft.com...
> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
> Thanks!
> --
> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

Wojo
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I have done some recoding using DVD Shrink (calm down, only for backup
purposes on my more expensive DVD's) and I agree there is minimal quality
loss mostly because the major compression is done to the menus, adds, and
extras that come on a DVD.

"Tester" <tester@fcgi.com> wrote in message
news:e5GzhcxVFHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Like many people, I have tried at least 6+ different popular apps. I
> really like the ease, power, compatibility, and completeness of the Full
> NERO 6.x Suite, which includes the Nero Buring ROM app, Nero VisionExpress
> 3, and more. Also, if you get the DVD plugin for recoding, you can take an
> 8+ gig double sided DVD and it does a great job of high quality
> compression to make it fit on a single sided 4 gig DVDR. On most DVDs I
> can't see any real quality difference between the 2. Tiny tiny difference.
> But extremely clear and clean.
>
> I have Roxio Media Creator 7 and MySonic at work and I can't stand them.
> And I haven't been able to do as much DVD stuff as I can with Nero. I seem
> to always run into complications with them. Not sure what the cheapest
> solution is. Ulead DVD factory 3 I liked as well and also had good luck
> with it.
>
> "newzzzguy" <newzzzguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AA876E6B-E8EA-44A5-BF5B-828B5072D0DC@microsoft.com...
>> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD?
>> I
>> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!
>
>

Miles
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Where do you get the Nero DVD plugin for recording?
I have Nero 6, but can't burn my videos to DVD with it.
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tester" <tester@fcgi.com> wrote in message news:e5GzhcxVFHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Like many people, I have tried at least 6+ different popular apps. I really
like the ease, power, compatibility, and completeness of the Full NERO 6.x
Suite, which includes the Nero Buring ROM app, Nero VisionExpress 3, and
more. Also, if you get the DVD plugin for recoding, you can take an 8+ gig
double sided DVD and it does a great job of high quality compression to make
it fit on a single sided 4 gig DVDR. On most DVDs I can't see any real
quality difference between the 2. Tiny tiny difference. But extremely clear
and clean.

I have Roxio Media Creator 7 and MySonic at work and I can't stand them. And
I haven't been able to do as much DVD stuff as I can with Nero. I seem to
always run into complications with them. Not sure what the cheapest solution
is. Ulead DVD factory 3 I liked as well and also had good luck with it.

"newzzzguy" <newzzzguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AA876E6B-E8EA-44A5-BF5B-828B5072D0DC@microsoft.com...
> What is your preference for dvd burning software? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
> have both but I'm curious which one you like better.
> Thanks!
> --
> Shoot Straight and aim high!!!


Burning Software Preference? Nero or Sonic?