Restore

Peter Foldes
07-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Can someone tell me the following

When you set a Restore point where is it kept on the HD.In other words where does the info on this set point put on the system .

Secondly. Let us say that someone has set a Restore point on a Win XP Pro SP1. He decides to install SP2 but turns off the System Restore. When the SP2 install is finished with the System Restore off is there a new restore point set or if he decides to remove the SP2 when the SP2 was installed without the System restore does the old set point is still available.

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

Peter Foldes
07-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Please ignore. My mistake. Posted under another Subject that was covered before and my post fell in there. I had my answer.

Again sorry for double posting my query

--
Peter

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:eKKxln%23ZFHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Can someone tell me the following

When you set a Restore point where is it kept on the HD.In other words where does the info on this set point put on the system .

Secondly. Let us say that someone has set a Restore point on a Win XP Pro SP1. He decides to install SP2 but turns off the System Restore. When the SP2 install is finished with the System Restore off is there a new restore point set or if he decides to remove the SP2 when the SP2 was installed without the System restore does the old set point is still available.

--
Peter

Restore