Losing My Internet Connection



Tim
07-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have to
restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows that it
is connected fine. What can I do?

DL
07-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Checked with your cable co?
A filter required?
Rather than reboot PC, if you pull the pwr plug on the modem leave for a
couple of mins then pwr up will it reconnect? If so likely points to a
modem/cable problem rather than PC

"Tim" <xyz@mXn.rYr.cZom> wrote in message
news:Wjjne.18057$k43.10780@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
> modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have to
> restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
> reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows that
it
> is connected fine. What can I do?
>
>

GTS
07-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Since this started with the upgrade to XP, I suspect a power management
issue rather than the cable modem. Sometimes this problem occurs when
waking from standby or if the network card specifically has any power saving
setting. Suggest disabling power mgt to test if this is the problem. If so
check your manufacturers website for possible device driver updates.
--

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
news:evn3OcrZFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Checked with your cable co?
> A filter required?
> Rather than reboot PC, if you pull the pwr plug on the modem leave for a
> couple of mins then pwr up will it reconnect? If so likely points to a
> modem/cable problem rather than PC
>
> "Tim" <xyz@mXn.rYr.cZom> wrote in message
> news:Wjjne.18057$k43.10780@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
>> modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have
>> to
>> restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
>> reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows that
> it
>> is connected fine. What can I do?
>>
>>
>
>

Tim
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Pulling the plug did nothing and the cable company had no ideas.

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
news:evn3OcrZFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Checked with your cable co?
> A filter required?
> Rather than reboot PC, if you pull the pwr plug on the modem leave for a
> couple of mins then pwr up will it reconnect? If so likely points to a
> modem/cable problem rather than PC
>
> "Tim" <xyz@mXn.rYr.cZom> wrote in message
> news:Wjjne.18057$k43.10780@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>> Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
>> modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have
>> to
>> restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
>> reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows that
> it
>> is connected fine. What can I do?
>>
>>
>
>

Tim
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I turned off all power saving options on my control panel and that didn't
help. How would I check for network card power saving?

"GTS" <x> wrote in message news:OT0XlOsZFHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Since this started with the upgrade to XP, I suspect a power management
> issue rather than the cable modem. Sometimes this problem occurs when
> waking from standby or if the network card specifically has any power
> saving setting. Suggest disabling power mgt to test if this is the
> problem. If so check your manufacturers website for possible device
> driver updates.
> --
>
> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> news:evn3OcrZFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Checked with your cable co?
>> A filter required?
>> Rather than reboot PC, if you pull the pwr plug on the modem leave for a
>> couple of mins then pwr up will it reconnect? If so likely points to a
>> modem/cable problem rather than PC
>>
>> "Tim" <xyz@mXn.rYr.cZom> wrote in message
>> news:Wjjne.18057$k43.10780@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>>> Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
>>> modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have
>>> to
>>> restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
>>> reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows
>>> that
>> it
>>> is connected fine. What can I do?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Malke
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Tim wrote:

> I turned off all power saving options on my control panel and that
> didn't help. How would I check for network card power saving?
>
Look at the device's Properties in Device Manager.

Control Panel>System>Hardware (tab)>Device Manager

Expand the network devices and find your network adapter. Double-click
it to get its Properties. There should be a Power Management tab.
Uncheck the box that says, "Allow Windows to turn off this device when
not in use".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Seelan
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Tim,
Most likely its the cable modem...try getting the latest drivers for ur
modem, ethernet Card(create a restore point first). If that doesnt help
TELL ur ISP to replace ur modem. Also try using USB wire rather than
ethernet.

Tim wrote:
> Pulling the plug did nothing and the cable company had no ideas.
>
> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> news:evn3OcrZFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
>>Checked with your cable co?
>>A filter required?
>>Rather than reboot PC, if you pull the pwr plug on the modem leave for a
>>couple of mins then pwr up will it reconnect? If so likely points to a
>>modem/cable problem rather than PC
>>
>>"Tim" <xyz@mXn.rYr.cZom> wrote in message
>>news:Wjjne.18057$k43.10780@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...
>>
>>>Since I upgraded from 98 to XP pro I lose my internet connection (cable
>>>modem) if I don't use it for a couple of hours, so, for example, I have
>>>to
>>>restart my computer every morning. I've done repair, I've disabled and
>>>reenabled to connection, but neither of these work. Everything shows that
>>
>>it
>>
>>>is connected fine. What can I do?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Tim
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, this sounded promising, but there is no Power Management tab.

"Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
news:eRA1brwaFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Tim wrote:
>
>> I turned off all power saving options on my control panel and that
>> didn't help. How would I check for network card power saving?
>>
> Look at the device's Properties in Device Manager.
>
> Control Panel>System>Hardware (tab)>Device Manager
>
> Expand the network devices and find your network adapter. Double-click
> it to get its Properties. There should be a Power Management tab.
> Uncheck the box that says, "Allow Windows to turn off this device when
> not in use".
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Steve Horrillo
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
On 7-Jun-2005, Seelan <seelanrNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim,
> Most likely its the cable modem...try getting the latest drivers for ur
> modem, ethernet Card(create a restore point first). If that doesnt help
> TELL ur ISP to replace ur modem. Also try using USB wire rather than
> ethernet.

Also in the modem setup try choosing "Always on" or "always connected"
rather than the default which is something like "when needed."

--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor | Trainer | Hypnotherapist
http://brokeragenttraining.com (Advanced training for real estate
professionals)
http://over100percent.com (Realtors earn over 100 percent)


Losing My Internet Connection