Yenc on XP



joe
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I have just migrated from 98se to XP where I was using YDEC for decoding
yenc postings
Why won't the drag and drop work on the desktop of XP like it does in 98se??
I cannot get it to work at all in XP

Any help appreciated.

J
>

kurttrail
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
joe wrote:
> I have just migrated from 98se to XP where I was using YDEC for
> decoding yenc postings
> Why won't the drag and drop work on the desktop of XP like it does in
> 98se?? I cannot get it to work at all in XP
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> J

You can drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or you
can't drag and drop into YDEC?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

jore
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanx Kurt
In 98se I had the program on my desktop and I just dragged the file onto it
and the result appeared on the desktop. This is the only way I have ever
used YDEC.

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
news:#2IPcqdZFHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> joe wrote:
> > I have just migrated from 98se to XP where I was using YDEC for
> > decoding yenc postings
> > Why won't the drag and drop work on the desktop of XP like it does in
> > 98se?? I cannot get it to work at all in XP
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > J
>
> You can drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or you
> can't drag and drop into YDEC?
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
>
>

kurttrail
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
jore wrote:

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:#2IPcqdZFHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> joe wrote:
>>> I have just migrated from 98se to XP where I was using YDEC for
>>> decoding yenc postings
>>> Why won't the drag and drop work on the desktop of XP like it does
>>> in 98se?? I cannot get it to work at all in XP
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>>
>>> J
>>
>> You can drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or
>> you can't drag and drop into YDEC?
>
> Thanx Kurt
> In 98se I had the program on my desktop and I just dragged the file
> onto it and the result appeared on the desktop. This is the only way
> I have ever used YDEC.

You didn't answer my question.

Can you drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or you
can't drag and drop into YDEC?

It seems that you are SOL.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

jore
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Yes I can drag and drop normally, just not on to the ydec program icon on
the desktop. However, I have found that in a sub folder of the c drive, into
which I put the ydec program, I can drag and drop onto that , so problem
solved. Thanx for watching.

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
news:u5nDqaeZFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> jore wrote:
>
> > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> > message news:#2IPcqdZFHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> joe wrote:
> >>> I have just migrated from 98se to XP where I was using YDEC for
> >>> decoding yenc postings
> >>> Why won't the drag and drop work on the desktop of XP like it does
> >>> in 98se?? I cannot get it to work at all in XP
> >>>
> >>> Any help appreciated.
> >>>
> >>> J
> >>
> >> You can drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or
> >> you can't drag and drop into YDEC?
> >
> > Thanx Kurt
> > In 98se I had the program on my desktop and I just dragged the file
> > onto it and the result appeared on the desktop. This is the only way
> > I have ever used YDEC.
>
> You didn't answer my question.
>
> Can you drag and drop at all, like dragging a file into a folder, or you
> can't drag and drop into YDEC?
>
> It seems that you are SOL.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
>
>


Yenc on XP