notification area is gone



funkyfish
07-10-2005, 12:51 AM
i was changing my theme on my comp the other day and what ever i did got ride
of my notification area i got the clock back but i can't seem to get back
all the small icons that were by the clock. when i go to properties for the
task bar the
option for the clock is highlited but the option for the hide icons is not
highlited
any help getting my icons back would be great

Malke
07-10-2005, 12:51 AM
funkyfish wrote:

> i was changing my theme on my comp the other day and what ever i did
> got ride
> of my notification area i got the clock back but i can't seem to get
> back all the small icons that were by the clock. when i go to
> properties for the task bar the
> option for the clock is highlited but the option for the hide icons is
> not highlited
> any help getting my icons back would be great

The easiest way to fix errors like this is to run System Restore and
restore to a date before you made the changes.

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Restore

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

funkyfish
07-10-2005, 12:51 AM
well i tryed system restore but it does not go back far enough is there any
other way to turn it on???

"Malke" wrote:

> funkyfish wrote:
>
> > i was changing my theme on my comp the other day and what ever i did
> > got ride
> > of my notification area i got the clock back but i can't seem to get
> > back all the small icons that were by the clock. when i go to
> > properties for the task bar the
> > option for the clock is highlited but the option for the hide icons is
> > not highlited
> > any help getting my icons back would be great
>
> The easiest way to fix errors like this is to run System Restore and
> restore to a date before you made the changes.
>
> Start>Programs>Accessories>System Restore
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

Malke
07-10-2005, 12:52 AM
funkyfish wrote:

> well i tryed system restore but it does not go back far enough is
> there any other way to turn it on???
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> funkyfish wrote:
>>
>> > i was changing my theme on my comp the other day and what ever i
>> > did got ride
>> > of my notification area i got the clock back but i can't seem to
>> > get back all the small icons that were by the clock. when i go to
>> > properties for the task bar the
>> > option for the clock is highlited but the option for the hide icons
>> > is not highlited
>> > any help getting my icons back would be great

Unfortunately, the System Restore fix is not available to you. It is
best for things where you've made a change a few days ago anyway. If
you are using a third-party theming application, try uninstalling it
and setting your computer's theme back to Windows XP. Also go to the
System applet in Control Panel. From the Advanced tab go to the
Performance button and click it. Then set the "radio" button to "let
Windows choose". See what happens after that.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User


notification area is gone