add win98se dual boot to WinXP



Vic Dura
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Hello,

I am running winXPpro SP2 with two hard drives. Hard drive-0 is 100Gb
with C: and D: on it. Hard drive-1 is 20Gb with E: on it. All
partitions are NTFS. I would like to convert E: to FAT32 and put
win98se on it, as well as the pagefile.sys file for XP. What I am
thinking I could do is the following:

1) Use the XP Disk Manager to convert E: from NTFS to FAT32. Is this
possible? If so, how do I do it. If not possible, do I just delete E:
and recreate it as a FAT32 partition?

2) After E: is converted or recreated as FAT32 I would like to install
win98se on it. How do I then get the XP boot manager to recognize it?

If I accomplish the installation of win98se on E: will XP be able to
access, read, write, etc E:? I need XP to continue to have complete
access to E:, although I realize the 98se will not have any access to
the NTFS partitions.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the CLUTTER from my email address.

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
How do I install Windows 98/Me after I've installed XP?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

How To Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vic Dura" wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I am running winXPpro SP2 with two hard drives. Hard drive-0 is 100Gb
| with C: and D: on it. Hard drive-1 is 20Gb with E: on it. All
| partitions are NTFS. I would like to convert E: to FAT32 and put
| win98se on it, as well as the pagefile.sys file for XP. What I am
| thinking I could do is the following:
|
| 1) Use the XP Disk Manager to convert E: from NTFS to FAT32. Is this
| possible? If so, how do I do it. If not possible, do I just delete E:
| and recreate it as a FAT32 partition?
|
| 2) After E: is converted or recreated as FAT32 I would like to install
| win98se on it. How do I then get the XP boot manager to recognize it?
|
| If I accomplish the installation of win98se on E: will XP be able to
| access, read, write, etc E:? I need XP to continue to have complete
| access to E:, although I realize the 98se will not have any access to
| the NTFS partitions.
|
| Thanks for any information you can provide.

Vic Dura
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
On Mon, 30 May 2005 10:03:58 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general RE: Re: add win98se dual boot to
WinXP "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>How do I install Windows 98/Me after I've installed XP?
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm
>
>How To Create a Multiple-Boot System in Windows XP
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

Thanks! I read up on it.

You MVPs are great!

--
To reply to me directly, remove the CLUTTER from my email address.

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
You're welcome! Thank you!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vic Dura" wrote:

| Thanks! I read up on it.
|
| You MVPs are great!


add win98se dual boot to WinXP