HELP!! (please read)



bbmariah
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I've posted once before, but no one replied, and I don't know where else
to turn. I'm hoping someone can help me ...

I recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite M35 laptop. It runs Windows
XP (home). After working successfully for the past four months or so,
I've run into the following problem. After working away in MS Word or
Mozilla for awhile, all of a sudden it's as though I lose control of
the keyboard. If I'm in Word, for instance, it'll start typing
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ or scrolling up
uncontrollably to the top of the page. Almost at the same time - and
this happens *every* time - Windows Media Player starts up, searches to
see whether there's a CD in the drive (which there rarely is), and then
reports 'No CD'.

By this stage, the cursor is virtually uncontrollable, even if I close
out of Word or Mozilla; and it often takes quite some doing just to
turn the computer off. If I attempt to restart it then, the problem
will often persist for 30-60 minutes, after which it'll work fine again
- sometimes for a day or two.

I have Norton Anti-Virus, but despite updating it regularly, it hasn't
detected any viruses.

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be - particularly if you
know how to solve it - I'd be very grateful if you could post a note
here and/or drop me a line on

b_b_mariah@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks very much for any help you could suggest!!


--
bbmariah
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbmariah's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1649
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870475735

Cari \(MS-MVP\)
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Take it to the local Toshiba Service Center and ask them to diagnose it.
You may need a new keyboard.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"bbmariah" <bbmariah.1pt6l0@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
news:bbmariah.1pt6l0@no-mx.msusenet.com...
>
> I've posted once before, but no one replied, and I don't know where else
> to turn. I'm hoping someone can help me ...
>
> I recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite M35 laptop. It runs Windows
> XP (home). After working successfully for the past four months or so,
> I've run into the following problem. After working away in MS Word or
> Mozilla for awhile, all of a sudden it's as though I lose control of
> the keyboard. If I'm in Word, for instance, it'll start typing
> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ or scrolling up
> uncontrollably to the top of the page. Almost at the same time - and
> this happens *every* time - Windows Media Player starts up, searches to
> see whether there's a CD in the drive (which there rarely is), and then
> reports 'No CD'.
>
> By this stage, the cursor is virtually uncontrollable, even if I close
> out of Word or Mozilla; and it often takes quite some doing just to
> turn the computer off. If I attempt to restart it then, the problem
> will often persist for 30-60 minutes, after which it'll work fine again
> - sometimes for a day or two.
>
> I have Norton Anti-Virus, but despite updating it regularly, it hasn't
> detected any viruses.
>
> If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be - particularly if you
> know how to solve it - I'd be very grateful if you could post a note
> here and/or drop me a line on
>
> b_b_mariah@yahoo.co.uk
>
> Thanks very much for any help you could suggest!!
>
>
> --
> bbmariah
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> bbmariah's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1649
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870475735
>
>

Rock
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
bbmariah wrote:

> I've posted once before, but no one replied, and I don't know where else
> to turn. I'm hoping someone can help me ...
>
> I recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite M35 laptop. It runs Windows
> XP (home). After working successfully for the past four months or so,
> I've run into the following problem. After working away in MS Word or
> Mozilla for awhile, all of a sudden it's as though I lose control of
> the keyboard. If I'm in Word, for instance, it'll start typing
> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ or scrolling up
> uncontrollably to the top of the page. Almost at the same time - and
> this happens *every* time - Windows Media Player starts up, searches to
> see whether there's a CD in the drive (which there rarely is), and then
> reports 'No CD'.
>
> By this stage, the cursor is virtually uncontrollable, even if I close
> out of Word or Mozilla; and it often takes quite some doing just to
> turn the computer off. If I attempt to restart it then, the problem
> will often persist for 30-60 minutes, after which it'll work fine again
> - sometimes for a day or two.
>
> I have Norton Anti-Virus, but despite updating it regularly, it hasn't
> detected any viruses.
>
> If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be - particularly if you
> know how to solve it - I'd be very grateful if you could post a note
> here and/or drop me a line on
>
> b_b_mariah@yahoo.co.uk
>
> Thanks very much for any help you could suggest!!
>
>

You received a good response from Malke on your first post. If you
can't locate it search in google groups for your name.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

bbmariah
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Sorry to be so useless ... I can't seem to figure out how to disable the
microphone. (Having thought about it, it occurs to me that the trouble
might've started not long after I fiddled around with this function a
few weeks ago.) I'm able to adjust the settings, but I can't seem to
figure out how to turn it off ...


--
bbmariah
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbmariah's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1649
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870475735

bbmariah
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks very much to Cari, Rock, Jerry, and (especially) Malke!

I have a feeling that the problem might be require me to update the
keyboard drivers. But how does one go about doing that?


--
bbmariah
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbmariah's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1649
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870475735

dsatpaev@hotmail.com
07-10-2005, 12:25 AM
bbmariah wrote:
> Thanks very much to Cari, Rock, Jerry, and (especially) Malke!
>
> I have a feeling that the problem might be require me to update the
> keyboard drivers. But how does one go about doing that?
>
>
> --
> bbmariah
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> bbmariah's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1649
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870475735

dsatpaev@hotmail.com
07-10-2005, 12:25 AM
it's a static problem. sent it to toshiba before it fries your
motherboard. same happened to me. zzzzzz, or Media player would start
by itself. the problem is the grounding of the case. toshiba well aware
of ths, but will not admit that it's a design flaw. get it fixed before
warranty expires

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:26 AM
dsatpaev@hotmail.com wrote:

> it's a static problem. sent it to toshiba before it fries your
> motherboard. same happened to me. zzzzzz, or Media player would start
> by itself. the problem is the grounding of the case. toshiba well aware
> of ths, but will not admit that it's a design flaw. get it fixed before
> warranty expires
>

You need to quote at least part of the post to which you reply -
otherwise no one knows and you're talking to yourself.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User


HELP!! (please read)