SP2 and limited connectivity



Old guy in NJ
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
I have been receiving a "limited or no connectivity" message on my verizon
online DSL connection. Verizon advised me that this is due to installing SP2
and should not effect my use of the internet. Nonetheless, I am having
frequent problems accessing my hotmail email account. Can anyone shed some
light on this ?

Old guy in NJ
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
PS: I tried the "repair" option but could not access the IP address.

"Old guy in NJ" wrote:

> I have been receiving a "limited or no connectivity" message on my verizon
> online DSL connection. Verizon advised me that this is due to installing SP2
> and should not effect my use of the internet. Nonetheless, I am having
> frequent problems accessing my hotmail email account. Can anyone shed some
> light on this ?

Richard Urban
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Call Verizon again and speak to another tech. The first guy fed you
bulls**t. Most everyone uses Verizon DSL along with SP2 without any
problems.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"Old guy in NJ" <Old guy in NJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0180585D-0A62-4CA9-B08F-1E4719840BE2@microsoft.com...
>I have been receiving a "limited or no connectivity" message on my verizon
> online DSL connection. Verizon advised me that this is due to installing
> SP2
> and should not effect my use of the internet. Nonetheless, I am having
> frequent problems accessing my hotmail email account. Can anyone shed
> some
> light on this ?

Treeman
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Old guy in NJ Wrote:
> PS: I tried the "repair" option but could not access the IP address.
>
> "Old guy in NJ" wrote:
> -
> I have been receiving a "limited or no connectivity" message on my
> verizon
> online DSL connection. Verizon advised me that this is due to
> installing SP2
> and should not effect my use of the internet. Nonetheless, I am
> having
> frequent problems accessing my hotmail email account. Can anyone shed
> some
> light on this ?-
"limited or no connectivity"'
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Windows XP SP2'
(http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml)
Best,
Treeman


--
Treeman

Old guy in NJ
07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Ran HotFix Q884020 as directed. No change.

"Treeman" wrote:

>
> Old guy in NJ Wrote:
> > PS: I tried the "repair" option but could not access the IP address.
> >
> > "Old guy in NJ" wrote:
> > -
> > I have been receiving a "limited or no connectivity" message on my
> > verizon
> > online DSL connection. Verizon advised me that this is due to
> > installing SP2
> > and should not effect my use of the internet. Nonetheless, I am
> > having
> > frequent problems accessing my hotmail email account. Can anyone shed
> > some
> > light on this ?-
> "limited or no connectivity"'
> How to Troubleshoot and Fix Windows XP SP2'
> (http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml)
> Best,
> Treeman
>
>
> --
> Treeman
>

zubzero
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi,
I have a dell with xp home edition with sp2.I have no problems
either. I also use verizon dsl. When you call ask for tech support.
Then ask to speak to a upper tear.They are Verizon's experts.
Good luck.



On Sun, 29 May 2005 16:49:49 -0400, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Call Verizon again and speak to another tech. The first guy fed you
>bulls**t. Most everyone uses Verizon DSL along with SP2 without any
>problems.


SP2 and limited connectivity