Right Click - Can't



tk16
07-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi, is there a way to get the right click back because at school you can't
right click. Is there a .vbs file to do this? thanks

Steve Rollins
07-09-2005, 11:47 PM
It's sounds like your system administrator has disabled this using group
policy.

If I remember rightly the offending key in the registry is:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoViewContextMenu

I'm pretty certain users only have read access to this key so unless you
could elevate your rights you wouldn't be able to change it. And anyway,
even if you were able to enable right click again it would be disabled the
next time you logged on or when group policy refreshes.

Steve

"tk16" wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to get the right click back because at school you can't
> right click. Is there a .vbs file to do this? thanks
>
>
>

tk16
07-09-2005, 11:47 PM
thankyou steve!!
"Steve Rollins" <Steverollins@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:0CC030FE-870C-4A0F-B5D8-C5347773E93B@microsoft.com...
> It's sounds like your system administrator has disabled this using group
> policy.
>
> If I remember rightly the offending key in the registry is:
>
>
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoViewConte
xtMenu
>
> I'm pretty certain users only have read access to this key so unless you
> could elevate your rights you wouldn't be able to change it. And anyway,
> even if you were able to enable right click again it would be disabled the
> next time you logged on or when group policy refreshes.
>
> Steve
>
> "tk16" wrote:
>
> > Hi, is there a way to get the right click back because at school you
can't
> > right click. Is there a .vbs file to do this? thanks
> >
> >
> >

Kelly
07-09-2005, 11:48 PM
And your teacher said??? :o)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"tk16" <tkedgley@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:OUQu3VqYFHA.3220@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi, is there a way to get the right click back because at school you can't
> right click. Is there a .vbs file to do this? thanks
>
>

Don Schmidt
07-09-2005, 11:48 PM
I recently lost the use of the right mouse button and I don't have the
registry item listed below. My get by fix until I try a new mouse is to
recode the mouse wheel to do a right click. This is working but awkward.
Would you say this verifies the right mouse button is defective? (Wheel
Mouse Optical)


--
Don
Vancouver, USA


"Steve Rollins" <Steverollins@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:0CC030FE-870C-4A0F-B5D8-C5347773E93B@microsoft.com...
> It's sounds like your system administrator has disabled this using group
> policy.
>
> If I remember rightly the offending key in the registry is:
>
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoViewContextMenu
>
> I'm pretty certain users only have read access to this key so unless you
> could elevate your rights you wouldn't be able to change it. And anyway,
> even if you were able to enable right click again it would be disabled the
> next time you logged on or when group policy refreshes.
>
> Steve
>
> "tk16" wrote:
>
>> Hi, is there a way to get the right click back because at school you
>> can't
>> right click. Is there a .vbs file to do this? thanks
>>
>>
>>


Right Click - Can't