Helpf needed with Explorer



Jim-Soho
07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Is there a switch or any other way that when I open up Explorer, that My
Computer is an expanded tree instead of My Documents being the folder that
is expanded?

Thank You

Jonybrv
07-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Yes, you can.

Start | All Programs | Accessories, right Windows Explorer and select
Properties.

Change the target to one of the following:

%systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents

%systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents

More info on switches:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307856

--
Jonybrv


"Jim-Soho" wrote:

> Is there a switch or any other way that when I open up Explorer, that My
> Computer is an expanded tree instead of My Documents being the folder that
> is expanded?
>
> Thank You
>
>
>

Jim-Soho
07-10-2005, 12:45 AM
A very BIG thank you for that, much appreciatted !


"Jonybrv" <Jonybrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEAB9DCD-D787-41D3-8214-A8B4AF510E51@microsoft.com...
> Yes, you can.
>
> Start | All Programs | Accessories, right Windows Explorer and select
> Properties.
>
> Change the target to one of the following:
>
> %systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents
>
> %systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My
> Documents
>
> More info on switches:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307856
>
> --
> Jonybrv
>
>
> "Jim-Soho" wrote:
>
>> Is there a switch or any other way that when I open up Explorer, that My
>> Computer is an expanded tree instead of My Documents being the folder
>> that
>> is expanded?
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>>
>>

Jonybrv
07-10-2005, 12:54 AM
You are welcome.
--
Jonybrv


"Jim-Soho" wrote:

> A very BIG thank you for that, much appreciatted !
>
>
> "Jonybrv" <Jonybrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CEAB9DCD-D787-41D3-8214-A8B4AF510E51@microsoft.com...
> > Yes, you can.
> >
> > Start | All Programs | Accessories, right Windows Explorer and select
> > Properties.
> >
> > Change the target to one of the following:
> >
> > %systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\My Documents
> >
> > %systemroot%\explorer /n,/e,c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My
> > Documents
> >
> > More info on switches:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307856
> >
> > --
> > Jonybrv
> >
> >
> > "Jim-Soho" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a switch or any other way that when I open up Explorer, that My
> >> Computer is an expanded tree instead of My Documents being the folder
> >> that
> >> is expanded?
> >>
> >> Thank You
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>
>


Helpf needed with Explorer