Sound very quiet with some applications



Zboing Mouflon
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Suddenly sound in IE running flash applications, on Windows Events and on
Skype is almost inaudible.

Sound for Windows media player seems unaffected.

How can I fix this?

Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie

Zboing Mouflon
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
It seems to be anything associated with wave..


Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
news:42947b8d@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> Suddenly sound in IE running flash applications, on Windows Events and on
> Skype is almost inaudible.
>
> Sound for Windows media player seems unaffected.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Andrew Bowie
> abowie@internode.on.net
> www.users.on.net/abowie
>

Bob I
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Double-click the speaker in the Notification area, and move the Wave
slider up.

Zboing Mouflon wrote:

> It seems to be anything associated with wave..
>
>
> Andrew Bowie
> abowie@internode.on.net
> www.users.on.net/abowie
> "Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
> news:42947b8d@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>
>>Suddenly sound in IE running flash applications, on Windows Events and on
>>Skype is almost inaudible.
>>
>>Sound for Windows media player seems unaffected.
>>
>>How can I fix this?
>>
>>Andrew Bowie
>>abowie@internode.on.net
>>www.users.on.net/abowie
>>
>
>
>

Zboing Mouflon
07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah I've done that as well as run the trouble-shooters etc.

Is it possible it's a codec issue?


Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eiV5r0TYFHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Double-click the speaker in the Notification area, and move the Wave
> slider up.
>
> Zboing Mouflon wrote:
>
>> It seems to be anything associated with wave..
>>
>>
>> Andrew Bowie
>> abowie@internode.on.net
>> www.users.on.net/abowie
>> "Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
>> news:42947b8d@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>>
>>>Suddenly sound in IE running flash applications, on Windows Events and on
>>>Skype is almost inaudible.
>>>
>>>Sound for Windows media player seems unaffected.
>>>
>>>How can I fix this?
>>>
>>>Andrew Bowie
>>>abowie@internode.on.net
>>>www.users.on.net/abowie
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>

Zboing Mouflon
07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
OK after uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, codecs and considering getting
another sound card...(which I didn't do because the current one is on board;
conflict looming).

I moved the wave balance slider from the centre to one side and the volume
got louder. So it works now, but WHY?

Andrew Bowie
abowie@internode.on.net
www.users.on.net/abowie
"Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
news:4294feda$1@duster.adelaide.on.net...
> Yeah I've done that as well as run the trouble-shooters etc.
>
> Is it possible it's a codec issue?
>
>
> Andrew Bowie
> abowie@internode.on.net
> www.users.on.net/abowie
> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:eiV5r0TYFHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Double-click the speaker in the Notification area, and move the Wave
>> slider up.
>>
>> Zboing Mouflon wrote:
>>
>>> It seems to be anything associated with wave..
>>>
>>>
>>> Andrew Bowie
>>> abowie@internode.on.net
>>> www.users.on.net/abowie
>>> "Zboing Mouflon" <zboing@bigzboing.co> wrote in message
>>> news:42947b8d@duster.adelaide.on.net...
>>>
>>>>Suddenly sound in IE running flash applications, on Windows Events and
>>>>on Skype is almost inaudible.
>>>>
>>>>Sound for Windows media player seems unaffected.
>>>>
>>>>How can I fix this?
>>>>
>>>>Andrew Bowie
>>>>abowie@internode.on.net
>>>>www.users.on.net/abowie
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>


Sound very quiet with some applications