Tool Tips no longer correspond to assigned values/text



penciline
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Dear Users:

When I run Adobe After Effects 6.5 Standard and/or Alias Maya 6.5 Complete
the tool tips in Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP in
general no longer correspond to what they should. For example, the Cut
icon's tool tip says "Paste" and the Refresh icon's tool tip says "Home".
This occurs only when I have either of these programs active. When I
quit/exit the programs, the tool tips return to normal. Also, the file's
tool tips are affected in any dialog boxes that are running in any
application when I am running After Effects and/or Maya.

What should I do to fix this issue? (Is there a fix, indeed?)

Thanks in advance.
--
-=- penciline -=-

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
penciline wrote:

> Dear Users:
>
> When I run Adobe After Effects 6.5 Standard and/or Alias Maya 6.5 Complete
> the tool tips in Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP in
> general no longer correspond to what they should. For example, the Cut
> icon's tool tip says "Paste" and the Refresh icon's tool tip says "Home".
> This occurs only when I have either of these programs active. When I
> quit/exit the programs, the tool tips return to normal. Also, the file's
> tool tips are affected in any dialog boxes that are running in any
> application when I am running After Effects and/or Maya.
>
> What should I do to fix this issue? (Is there a fix, indeed?)
>
> Thanks in advance.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling those programs and contacting
the program vendor's tech support?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

penciline
07-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Dear Rock:

I have tried contacting the software vendors and they told me this was a
"Microsoft Issue" with Windows, since this is happening with more than one
piece of software.

I haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall just yet because when I do this I
have to reinstall the license keys which can be a hassle when you do it a
second time.

"Rock" wrote:

> penciline wrote:
>
> > Dear Users:
> >
> > When I run Adobe After Effects 6.5 Standard and/or Alias Maya 6.5 Complete
> > the tool tips in Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP in
> > general no longer correspond to what they should. For example, the Cut
> > icon's tool tip says "Paste" and the Refresh icon's tool tip says "Home".
> > This occurs only when I have either of these programs active. When I
> > quit/exit the programs, the tool tips return to normal. Also, the file's
> > tool tips are affected in any dialog boxes that are running in any
> > application when I am running After Effects and/or Maya.
> >
> > What should I do to fix this issue? (Is there a fix, indeed?)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling those programs and contacting
> the program vendor's tech support?
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
>

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
penciline wrote:

> Dear Rock:
>
> I have tried contacting the software vendors and they told me this was a
> "Microsoft Issue" with Windows, since this is happening with more than one
> piece of software.
>
> I haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall just yet because when I do this I
> have to reinstall the license keys which can be a hassle when you do it a
> second time.

Ok, sorry I don't have anything else to suggest. Good luck.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User


Tool Tips no longer correspond to assigned values/text