IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL



jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi

I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there any
way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the software
whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf infrequent to a hard
and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell pc useless so I am
having to send this message from another pc.

Desparate

Jeb

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi jeb,

> Hi
>
> I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there
> any way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the
> software whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf
> infrequent to a hard and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell
> pc useless so I am having to send this message from another pc.
>
> Desparate
>
> Jeb

Does it identify a module or file? Is there a BCCode error #? Does it create
a *.dmp file that can be analyzed?

Basically, you need to detect which driver file is causing it. Start/run
verifier.exe, select standard settings and have it verify the existing
unsigned drivers.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Rick

Thanks for the response. There is no BCCode error #? But it does create a
*.dmp file What do I do with this, or can I analyze it myself?

I ran verifier.exe, and selected standard settings. It then told me that
there are 15 unsigned drivers and asked me to reboot which I did. On startup
I got the blue screen again as before. How does it verify the unsigned and
what info should it give me?

Regards

Jeb


"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi jeb,
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there
> > any way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the
> > software whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf
> > infrequent to a hard and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell
> > pc useless so I am having to send this message from another pc.
> >
> > Desparate
> >
> > Jeb
>
> Does it identify a module or file? Is there a BCCode error #? Does it create
> a *.dmp file that can be analyzed?
>
> Basically, you need to detect which driver file is causing it. Start/run
> verifier.exe, select standard settings and have it verify the existing
> unsigned drivers.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi jeb,

> Hi Rick
>
> Thanks for the response. There is no BCCode error #? But it does create a
> *.dmp file What do I do with this, or can I analyze it myself?
>
> I ran verifier.exe, and selected standard settings. It then told me that
> there are 15 unsigned drivers and asked me to reboot which I did. On
> startup I got the blue screen again as before. How does it verify the
> unsigned and what info should it give me?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeb
>
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi jeb,
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there
>> > any way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all
>> > the software whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf
>> > infrequent to a hard and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new
>> > Dell pc useless so I am having to send this message from another pc.
>> >
>> > Desparate
>> >
>> > Jeb
>>
>> Does it identify a module or file? Is there a BCCode error #? Does it
>> create a *.dmp file that can be analyzed?
>>
>> Basically, you need to detect which driver file is causing it. Start/run
>> verifier.exe, select standard settings and have it verify the existing
>> unsigned drivers.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>

You can send the .dmp file to me at the address used here and I will take a
look at it. Use the subject line "per req" to get past the filters (or I
will never see it).

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Peter Foldes
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Do you have a Logitech mouse or software installed?

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Email is Disabled
"jeb" <jeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:623490FD-F9C6-4536-8D7B-391ABCD80AD2@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there any
> way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the software
> whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf infrequent to a hard
> and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell pc useless so I am
> having to send this message from another pc.
>
> Desparate
>
> Jeb

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. Not that I know of but I am having problems
trying to run the pc now, to check, as it keeps crashing. WEill let you know
if I do have it installed.

Regards

Jeb

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Do you have a Logitech mouse or software installed?
>
> --
> Peter
>
> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> Email is Disabled
> "jeb" <jeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:623490FD-F9C6-4536-8D7B-391ABCD80AD2@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there any
> > way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the software
> > whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf infrequent to a hard
> > and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell pc useless so I am
> > having to send this message from another pc.
> >
> > Desparate
> >
> > Jeb
>
>
>

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Rick

I am having problems trying to get past the blue screen to get the dump. But
will send it to you when I can access it. Bye the way I do not understand how
I can send an attachment to you from this reply screen?

Regards

Jeb

Ron Martell
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
jeb <jeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am constantly getting this error message with a blue screen. Is there any
>way to find out what the problem is without having to reload all the software
>whih seems to be a bit drastic. It has changed from anf infrequent to a hard
>and has occurred 5 times today renderring my new Dell pc useless so I am
>having to send this message from another pc.
>
>Desparate
>
>Jeb

Hi Jeb.

New Dell PC = New Dell PC warranty. Have you tried contacting Dell's
Technical Support (although they may just tell you to do a "reformat
and reinstall" which is ridiculous without first trying to resolve the
problem).

With these "Blue Screen Of Death" error messages there is a STOP code
and 4 parameters included in the message. These details are direct
clues as to the underlying cause of the error and should be included
in your message. Also any other names (e.g. file or driver names)
mentioned in the message.

This is the general format of the error message which you seem to be
getting:

Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address x has base at x - filename

All of that information is important to the diagnosis of your problem.

See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "0A: IRQL Not
Less/Equal" link in the left side column for some specific advice
regarding your error.

Good luck
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi jeb,

> Hi Rick
>
> I am having problems trying to get past the blue screen to get the dump.
> But will send it to you when I can access it. Bye the way I do not
> understand how I can send an attachment to you from this reply screen?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeb

Open your email program, address it to rick@mvps.org. Put "per req" in the
subject line, add the attachment. Type a short note so that I have a clue
as to what the problem is, then send it.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Rick

Thanks I have now sent you some dump files.

Regards

Jeb

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi jeb,
>
> > Hi Rick
> >
> > I am having problems trying to get past the blue screen to get the dump.
> > But will send it to you when I can access it. Bye the way I do not
> > understand how I can send an attachment to you from this reply screen?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeb
>
> Open your email program, address it to rick@mvps.org. Put "per req" in the
> subject line, add the attachment. Type a short note so that I have a clue
> as to what the problem is, then send it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi Ron

Thanks for the info. I have sent Rick some dumps to have a look at.

One of the stop messages was
0x0000000A,(0x80571CBC,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x80571CBC).

I will have a look at the stop message page that you supplied.

Many thanks

Jeb

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi jeb,

> Hi Rick
>
> Thanks I have now sent you some dump files.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeb
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi jeb,
>>
>> > Hi Rick
>> >
>> > I am having problems trying to get past the blue screen to get the
>> > dump. But will send it to you when I can access it. Bye the way I do
>> > not understand how I can send an attachment to you from this reply
>> > screen?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Jeb
>>
>> Open your email program, address it to rick@mvps.org. Put "per req" in
>> the subject line, add the attachment. Type a short note so that I have a
>> clue as to what the problem is, then send it.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>

Got it. For the benefit of others following the discussion, the error
appears to be being caused by mpfirewall.sys, part of McAfee's software.
Updating the software may resolve the issue.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

jeb
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi jeb,
>
> > Hi Rick
> >
> > Thanks I have now sent you some dump files.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeb
> >
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi jeb,
> >>
> >> > Hi Rick
> >> >
> >> > I am having problems trying to get past the blue screen to get the
> >> > dump. But will send it to you when I can access it. Bye the way I do
> >> > not understand how I can send an attachment to you from this reply
> >> > screen?
> >> >
> >> > Regards
> >> >
> >> > Jeb
> >>
> >> Open your email program, address it to rick@mvps.org. Put "per req" in
> >> the subject line, add the attachment. Type a short note so that I have a
> >> clue as to what the problem is, then send it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,
> >>
> >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
>
> Got it. For the benefit of others following the discussion, the error
> appears to be being caused by mpfirewall.sys, part of McAfee's software.
> Updating the software may resolve the issue.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Hi Rick

Many thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your assistance.

I have now ininstalled all McAfee's software but am still getting the same
failure. On checking for the mpfirewall.sys file I find that it has not beem
removed! I will therefore send you my latest dump file for your comments and
would appreciate your advise on what I should now. I can only run my system
now in safe mode as every time I run in in normal mode I get the blue screem!

Regards

jeb
>


IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL