Audio Cassettes



Terry Kemmerer
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I couldn't figure out which newgroup to post this on so thought I would
start here. I have some audio cassettes that I want to put onto my
computer. I know that I can hook the tape player into the input on the
sound card. What software can I use to record the tape to the harddrive?

Thanks
Terry

Woody
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
just put CDEX into google then hit the i feel lucky button ;-)

Rich Barry
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Terry, you can try this free Recorder
http://www.freecorder.com/?src=GFREE_AUDIO

"Terry Kemmerer" <kemmerer@bwkip.com> wrote in message
news:428fa623_5@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>I couldn't figure out which newgroup to post this on so thought I would
>start here. I have some audio cassettes that I want to put onto my
>computer. I know that I can hook the tape player into the input on the
>sound card. What software can I use to record the tape to the harddrive?
>
> Thanks
> Terry

David H. Lipman
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
From: "Terry Kemmerer" <kemmerer@bwkip.com>

| I couldn't figure out which newgroup to post this on so thought I would
| start here. I have some audio cassettes that I want to put onto my
| computer. I know that I can hook the tape player into the input on the
| sound card. What software can I use to record the tape to the harddrive?
|
| Thanks
| Terry

SoundForge is one of the best sound recording software. With it you can use the
capabilities to take out the hiss, cut & paste, and other functiuons to improve the quality
of the audio coming off the tape and being recorded to a WAV file.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

NobodyMan
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:19:09 -0400, Terry Kemmerer
<kemmerer@bwkip.com> wrote:

>I couldn't figure out which newgroup to post this on so thought I would
>start here. I have some audio cassettes that I want to put onto my
>computer. I know that I can hook the tape player into the input on the
>sound card. What software can I use to record the tape to the harddrive?
>
>Thanks
>Terry

A brave person would have used google and found the answer in about
ten seconds.

I guess you aren't that brave person.

John Waller
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
A mature response would give the poster a straight answer......

:-)

--
Regards

John Waller

NobodyMan
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:04:39 +0930, "John Waller"
<johnw@REMOVETHISpinnacleweb.com.au> wrote:

>A mature response would give the poster a straight answer......
>
>:-)

I did...I told them, in a way a "mature" person would understand, to
use Google and find their own answers.

It's a well recognized teaching theory that making somebody figure out
something themself gives them better satisfaction in achievement, AND
it creates a behavior and knowledge change that is more likely to
stick with them.

John Waller
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
>>I did...I told them, in a way a "mature" person would understand, to
use Google and find their own answers.

I just saw dry wit in the response.

>>It's a well recognized teaching theory that making somebody figure out
something themself gives them better satisfaction in achievement

I guess it depends on how you view forums.

I see them as a place to ask a straightforward question and get a helpful,
straightforward answer (with perhaps a few tips for future research).

--
Regards

John Waller


Audio Cassettes