Sending info to microsoft



Lizzie
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to microsoft?

ApplesRAwesome
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
"Lizzie" wrote:

> is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to microsoft?
>
>
>
>
Yeah, get a Macintosh! :-)

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Lizzie;
Right click My Computer and click Properties.
Click Advanced tab
Click Error Reporting button
Make selections as desired.

Error Reporting has its uses.
Microsoft uses the reports to help determine what problems get resources
allocated to find a resolution.
The more reports for a specific issue the more likely Microsoft will work on
a fix.
If you send a report and there is a resolution, you are immediately given a
link to the resolution.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
http://www.dts-l.org


"Lizzie" <morningardenlizzie@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:OL649BOXFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to
> microsoft?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
If your experiences were as you described in your other post, you would have
been able to provide the correct answer.
Instead, your abilities seem limited to trolling.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
http://www.dts-l.org


"ApplesRAwesome" <ApplesRAwesome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:491E2285-94B1-4E59-A3D8-
> Yeah, get a Macintosh! :-)

T. Waters
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks. I needed that tip. 8-}

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Lizzie;
> Right click My Computer and click Properties.
> Click Advanced tab
> Click Error Reporting button
> Make selections as desired.
>
> Error Reporting has its uses.
> Microsoft uses the reports to help determine what problems get
> resources allocated to find a resolution.
> The more reports for a specific issue the more likely Microsoft will
> work on a fix.
> If you send a report and there is a resolution, you are immediately
> given a link to the resolution.
>
>
> "Lizzie" <morningardenlizzie@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:OL649BOXFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to
>> microsoft?

Lizzie
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Ah! Thanks very much!

"T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
news:uTOMouQXFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Thanks. I needed that tip. 8-}
>
> Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
>> Lizzie;
>> Right click My Computer and click Properties.
>> Click Advanced tab
>> Click Error Reporting button
>> Make selections as desired.
>>
>> Error Reporting has its uses.
>> Microsoft uses the reports to help determine what problems get
>> resources allocated to find a resolution.
>> The more reports for a specific issue the more likely Microsoft will
>> work on a fix.
>> If you send a report and there is a resolution, you are immediately
>> given a link to the resolution.
>>
>>
>> "Lizzie" <morningardenlizzie@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:OL649BOXFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to
>>> microsoft?
>
>
>

Bob I
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
ApplesRWormy wrote:

>
> "Lizzie" wrote:
>
>
>>is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to microsoft?
>>

>
> Yeah, get a Macintosh! :-)

How would that stop MS Office for sMac from asking to file a info report?

Guess you are STILL clueless.

Bruce Chambers
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Lizzie wrote:
> is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to microsoft?
>
>
>


There's no such feature, so, no, it can't be turned off.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once. - RAH

Peter Foldes
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
????????????????. Sure there is

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Email is Disabled
"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
news:er2AdzZXFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Lizzie wrote:
> > is there a way to turn off the feature that sends information to microsoft?
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> There's no such feature, so, no, it can't be turned off.
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
> both at once. - RAH


Sending info to microsoft