Startup Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Siris
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer reboots
by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

Harry Ohrn
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Check the Event Viewer for possible leads. It is in Control
Panel->Administrative Tools. Look for Red X's

Spontaneous reboots are often a sign of hardware problems. Check for faulty
RAM. You can download a Memory Diagnostic Tool from here
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp


"Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> reboots
> by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Siris wrote:

> after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer reboots
> by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

In addition to what Harry said check for overheating problems. Open the
case, make sure all fans are working including the fan on the CPU. Blow
out all the dust with a can of compressed air. Clean the fans.

For memory testing check the memory both with the MS diagnostic that
Harry provided and with memtest86+ from
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=memtest86%2B&btnG=Search

Download a drive diagnostic utility from the drive manufacturer's web
site and check the drive.

Also the power supply could be going bad.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Siris wrote:

> after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer reboots
> by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

Here's the link to memtest86+ I meant to give the firt time:
http://www.memtest.org/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Siris
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
While looking through the event viewer i found a few x'ed logs here is the
contents of one:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000034, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
00000000, parameter4 f870b8f0.


"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Check the Event Viewer for possible leads. It is in Control
> Panel->Administrative Tools. Look for Red X's
>
> Spontaneous reboots are often a sign of hardware problems. Check for faulty
> RAM. You can download a Memory Diagnostic Tool from here
> http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>
>
> "Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> > after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> > reboots
> > by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> > what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.
>
>
>

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Siris wrote:

> While looking through the event viewer i found a few x'ed logs here is the
> contents of one:
>
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000034, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> 00000000, parameter4 f870b8f0.
>
>
> "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
>
>
>>Check the Event Viewer for possible leads. It is in Control
>>Panel->Administrative Tools. Look for Red X's
>>
>>Spontaneous reboots are often a sign of hardware problems. Check for faulty
>>RAM. You can download a Memory Diagnostic Tool from here
>>http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>>
>>--
>>
>>Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>>www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>
>>
>>"Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
>>>reboots
>>>by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
>>>what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.
>>
>>
>>

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Try rt clicking MyComputer>select Advanced>Startup and
Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart.
See if next time you get a Error Message BSOD instead.
"Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> reboots
> by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

Siris
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
i recieved an error message that stated:

IdeChnDr.sys-Address f870bb74 base at F8706600, DateStamp 3d99eac3

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Try rt clicking MyComputer>select Advanced>Startup and
> Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart.
> See if next time you get a Error Message BSOD instead.
> "Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> > after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> > reboots
> > by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> > what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.
>
>
>

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
According to this it may have something to do with the "Intel
Application Accelerator".
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1077324745


"Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> reboots
> by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.

Siris
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
i uninstalled the intel application accelorator through the add/remove
programs and it worked. thank you so much now i can actually use my comp!!!

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> According to this it may have something to do with the "Intel
> Application Accelerator".
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1077324745
>
>
> "Siris" <Siris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2DDBF374-285A-4EEB-A8B0-4F15F63D0EE1@microsoft.com...
> > after the comp boots up and i log in 10 or 20 secs later the computer
> > reboots
> > by itself. sometimes i can log in but thats usually after 3 or 4 reboots.
> > what can i do to resolve this problem. i have win xp and sp2.
>
>
>


Startup Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!