taken to the Attach file page with the path of the file I wanted to attach
listed (NOT already attached). I now just have the option to manually browse
and attach the file (which is not reduced). BTW, the path is NOT where the
original file was located ... it does not direct me back to My
Pictures...here is the path.....C:\Documents and Settings\Beth\Application
Data\Yahoo!\Mail\attach\PICT0941[0].JPG

I really miss having this feature ( I have a 2month old baby I want to send
pix to grandparents) and I don't have time to do.. save as, reduce size,
rename, manually browse etc for every pix I want to send... Pls help!

"eric0668" wrote:

> Keith, I just got around to doing it today. YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE. IT WORKED.
> Thank you so much. You are so knowledgeable. And so giving of your time and
> knowledge.
>
> I wish you well. I sure do wish I could repay you. And also get ahold of you
> if I have any other computer problems.
>
> Eric
>
> "Keith Miller" wrote:
>
> > Just change:
> >
> > %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures
> >
> > to:
> >
> > D:\My Pictures
> >
> > Keith
> >
> >
> > "eric0668" <eric0668@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE8B2EA-954C-435C-AC44-8B603CA938B1@microsoft.com...
> > > Keith;
> > >
> > > You are the man. Amazing. But I still need help
> > >
> > > Ok, I placed a pic in the My Pic folder in C: that I don't use. When I went
> > > to attach a picture from there in an email it opened up in Thumbnail view. So
> > > you are saying that that proves the system only opens up folders when doing
> > > attachments in thumbnail view if it is a system generated folder. So I need
> > > to replace the locale of the c my pictures with the location of the one I am
> > > using on D: right?
> > >
> > > Ok, I am using one here : d:/my pictures or d: my pictures. dont know
> > > how to say it, but it is in NO folder.
> > >
> > > I do not know how to modify the registry key. can u tell me?
> > > It looks like this now.
> > > %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Eric
> > >
> > > "Keith Miller" wrote:
> > >
> > > > If you try to attach a file from the My Documents\My Pictures folder, does it show thumbnails in the attachment dialog?
> > > >
> > > > If so, then the dialog is behaving normally. It's displaying list view for all folders that the system doesn't see as part of My Pictures and its subfolders.
> > > >
> > > > You have a couple of options:
> > > >
> > > > 1) Are you using the 'My Pictures' on c:? If not, change the path in registry value I mentioned to point to your folder on d:.
> > > >
> > > > 2) The only other folder that displays thumbnails in the open/save dialog is 'My Videos'. If you're not using that (or don't use it extensively), you could change the path for My Videos in the same reg key to point to your folder on d:.
> > > >
> > > > Keith
> > > >
> > > > "eric0668" <eric0668@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76931919-CBF4-487D-808B-2B42F7A4C974@microsoft.com...
> > > > > Keith;
> > > > >
> > > > > I checked. The only "My Pictures" that is in there is apparently on the c:
> > > > > drive because it is under my documents/my pictures. the one I am speaking of
> > > > > is on the d: drive, and is d/my pictures.
> > > > >
> > > > > Does that help? Can you still help?
> > > > >
> > > > > Eric
> > > > >
> > > > > "Keith Miller" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Well, check the registry key anyway!!!!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Keith
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "eric0668" <eric0668@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF0FA2EA-9886-46CE-81D5-06E37A2359C6@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > > No Keith, unless I am misunderstanding you, I am talking about when sending
> > > > > > > email, I hit attach, browse, d:, My Pictures, then they open in list, oir
> > > > > > > some other descriptive way, but not in thumbnail view.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > "Keith Miller" wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > You're talking about the file open/save dialog, right? It opens in list mode except for the folder (and subfolders) designated as My Pictures by this registry key:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > So check the path for "My Pictures" in that key & see if it is correct for your folder.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Keith
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > "eric0668" <eric0668@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D75CDF0-21AC-4EDB-B0BE-032A47E66DB2@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > > > > If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, when I was sending a yahoo
> > > > > > > > > email and was attaching an email, it would open "my pictures" with the
> > > > > > > > > thumbnail view. Now however it is not doing that . It is opening with the
> > > > > > > > > picture name, me not being able to see each pic, and having to hit "view
> > > > > > > > > thumbnail" each time.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Dell, as useless as they normally are, gave me these two links:
> > > > > > > > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813711
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306554
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > the second tells me nothing except for how to organize folders in a folder,
> > > > > > > > > but the first gives a very complicated solution that may screw up the
> > > > > > > > > registry, THAT I DON'T THINK I NEED BECAUSE MY OS WAS JUST REINSTALLED A
> > > > > > > > > MONTH AGO.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > I think one of two things are going on:
> > > > > > > > > 1) Either I am mistaken and the picture folder NEVER opened in thumbnail
> > > > > > > > > view when adding pictures ( I should try it on my Mom's computer, but I am
> > > > > > > > > not speaking to her now)
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > OR
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > 2) It could not be doing it now because the "MY PICTURES" folder I am using
> > > > > > > > > now is a self constructed one, and not a windows generated one. Because I
> > > > > > > > > have it on a second drive with just data, my d drive.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Could someone help or give me their ideas. thank you , eric
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > >
> >

Re: thumnail view lost