error unalbe to create the symbolic link for devie/serial 0



noitisnotme
07-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Serial
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 5/17/2005
Time: 9:54:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
Description:
Unable to create the symbolic link for \Device\Serial0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4e 00 ......N.
0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 06 80 .......€
0010: 34 00 00 00 35 00 00 c0 4...5..À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:33 AM
noitisnotme wrote:

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: Serial
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 4
> Date: 5/17/2005
> Time: 9:54:43 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: COMPUTER
> Description:
> Unable to create the symbolic link for \Device\Serial0.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4e 00 ......N.
> 0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 06 80 .......€
> 0010: 34 00 00 00 35 00 00 c0 4...5..À
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>

Are you experiencing any problems besides this error message? From
EventId.net:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4&eventno=901&source=serial&phase=1

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

noitisnotme
07-10-2005, 12:33 AM
removed com ports and let windows find them again fixed problem.

"Rock" wrote:

> noitisnotme wrote:
>
> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: Serial
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 4
> > Date: 5/17/2005
> > Time: 9:54:43 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: COMPUTER
> > Description:
> > Unable to create the symbolic link for \Device\Serial0.
> >
> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> > Data:
> > 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4e 00 ......N.
> > 0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 06 80 .......€
> > 0010: 34 00 00 00 35 00 00 c0 4...5..À
> > 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> > 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> >
>
> Are you experiencing any problems besides this error message? From
> EventId.net:
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4&eventno=901&source=serial&phase=1
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
>

Rock
07-10-2005, 12:34 AM
noitisnotme wrote:

> removed com ports and let windows find them again fixed problem.
>

Good glad it's fixed for you and thanks for posting back.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

noitisnotme
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
People should aways post back that way when someone helps them with a
problem the next person will know what should work. To many do not post back
to say it was fixed if they did the search would be great to fix most
problems.
"Rock" wrote:

> noitisnotme wrote:
>
> > removed com ports and let windows find them again fixed problem.
> >
>
> Good glad it's fixed for you and thanks for posting back.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
>


error unalbe to create the symbolic link for devie/serial 0