Remote Assistance Connection



phileefan
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Hello,
I was trying to connect with a friend of mine using remote assistance
through windows messenger and I keep getting the message "remote assistance
connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be
resolved. please try again." We are both behind routers with windows
firewalls turned off. But then he was able to connect to my computer. It
won't leave me connect to his . Any ideas? Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Perhaps the following Knowledge Base Articles will help:


HOW TO: Configure a Computer to Receive Remote Assistance Offers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3015­27&Produc...


Support WebCast: Using Windows Remote Assistance
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;8267­69&Produc...


Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;3005­46


Troubleshooting Remote Assistance Issues
http://www.chicagotech.net/rde­sktop.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups


Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/windowsxp/c­hoose.mspx

------------------------------­------------------------------­------------------------------­-

"phileefan" wrote:

| Hello,
| I was trying to connect with a friend of mine using remote assistance
| through windows messenger and I keep getting the message "remote assistance
| connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be
| resolved. please try again." We are both behind routers with windows
| firewalls turned off. But then he was able to connect to my computer. It
| won't leave me connect to his . Any ideas? Thanks

Barry
07-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Have you tried sending the invitation via e-mail?

If you still cannot connect make sure that the ticket file is pointing
to the ip address of the novices machine and port number 3389. Edit if
necessary using notepad.

Sorry I can't help via messenger as I don't use it.

Regards
Barry

On Mon, 16 May 2005 21:23:56 -0700, phileefan
<phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I was trying to connect with a friend of mine using remote assistance
>through windows messenger and I keep getting the message "remote assistance
>connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be
>resolved. please try again." We are both behind routers with windows
>firewalls turned off. But then he was able to connect to my computer. It
>won't leave me connect to his . Any ideas? Thanks
>

phileefan
07-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Barry,
I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............

phileefan

"Barry" wrote:

> Have you tried sending the invitation via e-mail?
>
> If you still cannot connect make sure that the ticket file is pointing
> to the ip address of the novices machine and port number 3389. Edit if
> necessary using notepad.
>
> Sorry I can't help via messenger as I don't use it.
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 21:23:56 -0700, phileefan
> <phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I was trying to connect with a friend of mine using remote assistance
> >through windows messenger and I keep getting the message "remote assistance
> >connection could not be established because the remote host name could not be
> >resolved. please try again." We are both behind routers with windows
> >firewalls turned off. But then he was able to connect to my computer. It
> >won't leave me connect to his . Any ideas? Thanks
> >
>
>

Barry
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:25:01 -0700, phileefan
<phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Try following the instuctions below taken from Microsofts Inside Out
Manual. The way I have done this before is to get the client to
initiate the request and save the invitation to a file. Send an email
to the expert with this file attached and when received save to your
desktop.

Clicking on the file should initiate the session. Dont forget to get
the password.

Regards

Barry

"Quote"
Windows XP requires that a user request assistance before a Remote
Assistance connection is made. From the Help And Support Center home
page, click Invite A Friend To Connect To Your Computer With Remote
Assistance. (You can also reach this page from the Remote Assistance
shortcut on the All Programs menu.) Click InviteSomeone To Help You.
The Remote Assistance pane.

Method 1) E-mail. To send an invitation via e-mail, enter an e-mail
address or click the Address Book icon to select a name from the
Windows Address Book; then click Invite This Person. You can enter the
text you want to appear in the body of the message, , and then click
Continue to set an expiration time and password. Click the Send
Invitation button when youve filled in all the details.

Method 2) Save Invitation as a File (Advanced). This option is for use
when another connection type is impossible or impractical. As with the
e-mail option, you can define an expiration time and password. After
saving the file locally, youre responsible for transferring it to the
remote assistant, typically by attaching it to an e-mail message or
saving it on a floppy disk or a shared network location.

Open the Help And Support Center and create a Remote Assistance
invitation, saving it as a file on your desktop or another convenient
location. This ticket file includes a pointer to your private IP
address; if you send this ticket to an expert who is not on the same
private network as you, it will fail because his computer will not be
able to find a route to your IP address.
Open Notepad or another text editor and edit the RCTICKET field,
adding the external IP address of the NAT device before the internal
IP address. For instance, if your NAT device uses an external IP
address of 24.100.255.255 and your private address is 192.168.1.105
and your machine name is Groucho, this field should read as follows
(the added information is 24.100.255.255:3389):

RCTICKET="65538,1,24.100.255.255:3389;
192.168.1.105:3389;groucho:3389,
encrypted connection info


Send the RA ticket file to the expert. When he or she double-clicks
this file, the information you added will allow it to work its way
over the Internet to your NAT device and then into your computer on
port 3389.


>Barry,
>I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
>the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
>computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............
>
>phileefan
>
>"Barry" wrote:
>

Barry
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:25:01 -0700, phileefan
<phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Sorry, forgot to say, to get the IP address, open a command window and
ping the machine you need to work on. e.g ping home4. It will return
the IP you need.

Regards
Barry

>Barry,
>I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
>the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
>computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............

daluk
07-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi,

do your routers support Upnp, if so make sure it is enabled.

DalUK :)

Freestyle
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
ok I almost got it but
which ip is it returning
internal or external
I need a little bit of clarification
im having the same problem

"Barry" wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:25:01 -0700, phileefan
> <phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, forgot to say, to get the IP address, open a command window and
> ping the machine you need to work on. e.g ping home4. It will return
> the IP you need.
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> >Barry,
> >I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
> >the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
> >computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............
>
>

Freestyle
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
yeah when i ping it returns my external not internal
whats going on

"Barry" wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:25:01 -0700, phileefan
> <phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, forgot to say, to get the IP address, open a command window and
> ping the machine you need to work on. e.g ping home4. It will return
> the IP you need.
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> >Barry,
> >I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
> >the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
> >computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............
>
>

Freestyle
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
its returning the same number as whats in the ra file

"Barry" wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:25:01 -0700, phileefan
> <phileefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, forgot to say, to get the IP address, open a command window and
> ping the machine you need to work on. e.g ping home4. It will return
> the IP you need.
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> >Barry,
> >I haven't tried connection through e-mail yet. I'm not sure what you mean by
> >the ticket file? How do I find out what the IP address of the novices
> >computer is and where would I change the port to 3389? Thanks............
>
>

Freestyle
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
who me? :))
i dont have a home network so i dont use routers
or maybe you were talking to someone else
if so sorry lol

"daluk" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do your routers support Upnp, if so make sure it is enabled.
>
> DalUK :)
>
>


Remote Assistance Connection