07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I've tried numerous other Microsoft threads hoping to find
someone who understands this issue, but no luck.
Windows XP, 1st Ed, Office 2003, all updates.
Every time I click a link in Outlook 2003, I get duplicate IE
windows opening containing link info.
Thanks in advance
Vincent Xu [MSFT]
07-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Thank you for posting here.
From your post, my understanding of this issue is: when you open a link
from OL2003, you will open a "locate Link Browser¡± If this is not correct,
please feel free to let me know.
Base on my research, this problem may be occur on a Microsoft Windows
2000-based computer that has a third-party browser that does not support
Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE), such as Netscape Navigator and Mozilla. To
solve this issue, please refer to following article first:
821692 The Locate Link Browser dialog box appears when you open a Web link
If the problem still occurs, please perform the following steps:
1. Click "Start", point to "Settings" and then click "Control Panel".
2. Double click" Internet Options".
3. Click "Programs", Click "Reset Web Settings".
4. In the "Reset Web Settings" dialog box, click to clear "Also reset my
5. Click "Start", and then click "Run".
6. In the "Open" box type: "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotation
marks) and then press ENTER.
7. Click "OK".
If the problem still persists, please go to step 2
1. Open My computer.
2. On the "Tools" menu, click "Folder Options".
3. Click the ¡°File Types¡± column to sort the column list. In the File
Types column, find ¡°URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol¡± item and click the
4. Select the Open item, click Edit. If there is no "Open" in the Actions
list, please click New to create one.
5. In the Action field, type: Open, In the Application Used to perform
action box: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
6. Select the USE DDE option.
7. In the DDE Message field, type: "%1",,-1,0,,,,
8. In the Application field, type: IExplore
9. Don't type any information in the DDE Application Not Running field
10. In the Topic field type: WWW_OpenURL, click OK.
11. After you set the Open item correctly, click Set Default.
12. Click OK and OK.
If the steps above have no help to your issue, I strongly perceive that
this issue concern with your OL 2003¡¯s settings. In order to be best
served, I suggest that you should post your question to the newsgroup named
¡°microsoft.public.outlook.general¡±. It will be more appropriate for your
question where you will get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thank
you for your understanding.
Thanks & Regards,
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| Subject: Duplicate IE's from Hyperlink?
| From: Titanl9 <email@example.com>
| Message-ID: <Xns9658B2D288C1DTitanLnine@126.96.36.199>
| User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25
| X-No-Archive: yes
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:34:44 -0700
| NNTP-Posting-Host: c-24-127-73-98.hsd1.ca.comcast.net 188.8.131.52
| Lines: 1
| Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
| Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:389914
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| I've tried numerous other Microsoft threads hoping to find
| someone who understands this issue, but no luck.
| Windows XP, 1st Ed, Office 2003, all updates.
| Every time I click a link in Outlook 2003, I get duplicate IE
| windows opening containing link info.
| Thanks in advance