Phone Dialer: calling card dialing steps



Second Wind
07-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end" command
does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?
--
Second Wind

T. Waters
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Not sure which Office Application you use for voice messaging, but see this
list:
http://aumha.org/nntp.php

Second Wind wrote:
> Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end"
> command does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?

Kelly
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi,

Do some reading here and hope all goes well:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=wait+for+voice+message+to+end+xp

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com


"Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D7A3FF5-F004-4A18-BCB7-616EB54C4068@microsoft.com...
> Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end" command
> does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?
> --
> Second Wind

Second Wind
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi Kelly & T. Waters -
Thanks for your response.
I should have mentioned that I am using the WinXP phone dialer to make long
distance phone calls to Contacts in Outlook 2003, using a calling card. The
"wait for voice message to end" command is one of the steps (which you can
program) in that process. In this case, "voice message" means "prompt". My
problem is that nothing happens in the dialing sequence after the "voice
message" (or prompt) ends. The dialing sequence simply ends at that point.
Thus, the phone call is not completed.
--
Second Wind


"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do some reading here and hope all goes well:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=wait+for+voice+message+to+end+xp
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
>
> "Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0D7A3FF5-F004-4A18-BCB7-616EB54C4068@microsoft.com...
> > Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end" command
> > does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?
> > --
> > Second Wind
>
>
>

Dennis Marks
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
I find that it is easier to time the voice prompt and then set the dialer to
wait for that amount of time plus a few seconds. The wait for end of voice
prompt is not very accurate and I gave up on it.
For example I use the following for an MCI card:

Dial the access number
Wait for 10 seconds
Dial 1
Wait for 6 seconds
Dial the PIN number
Wait for 12 seconds
Dial 1
Dial the area code and number

"Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B568585A-74CB-4FD1-A264-F6588F3F4102@microsoft.com...
> Hi Kelly & T. Waters -
> Thanks for your response.
> I should have mentioned that I am using the WinXP phone dialer to make
> long
> distance phone calls to Contacts in Outlook 2003, using a calling card.
> The
> "wait for voice message to end" command is one of the steps (which you can
> program) in that process. In this case, "voice message" means "prompt". My
> problem is that nothing happens in the dialing sequence after the "voice
> message" (or prompt) ends. The dialing sequence simply ends at that point.
> Thus, the phone call is not completed.
> --
> Second Wind
>
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do some reading here and hope all goes well:
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=wait+for+voice+message+to+end+xp
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>>
>> "Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0D7A3FF5-F004-4A18-BCB7-616EB54C4068@microsoft.com...
>> > Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end"
>> > command
>> > does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?
>> > --
>> > Second Wind
>>
>>
>>

Second Wind
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks, Dennis.
I was using your system of "wait for xx seconds". Then my MCI calling card
started changing their "menu options" announcement, which reqired me to
frequently re-program the sequence of events & # of seconds. I was just
looking for a simpler way. Guess I may have to go back to square 1.
--
Second Wind


"Dennis Marks" wrote:

> I find that it is easier to time the voice prompt and then set the dialer to
> wait for that amount of time plus a few seconds. The wait for end of voice
> prompt is not very accurate and I gave up on it.
> For example I use the following for an MCI card:
>
> Dial the access number
> Wait for 10 seconds
> Dial 1
> Wait for 6 seconds
> Dial the PIN number
> Wait for 12 seconds
> Dial 1
> Dial the area code and number
>
> "Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B568585A-74CB-4FD1-A264-F6588F3F4102@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Kelly & T. Waters -
> > Thanks for your response.
> > I should have mentioned that I am using the WinXP phone dialer to make
> > long
> > distance phone calls to Contacts in Outlook 2003, using a calling card.
> > The
> > "wait for voice message to end" command is one of the steps (which you can
> > program) in that process. In this case, "voice message" means "prompt". My
> > problem is that nothing happens in the dialing sequence after the "voice
> > message" (or prompt) ends. The dialing sequence simply ends at that point.
> > Thus, the phone call is not completed.
> > --
> > Second Wind
> >
> >
> > "Kelly" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Do some reading here and hope all goes well:
> >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=wait+for+voice+message+to+end+xp
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> All the Best,
> >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >>
> >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> >>
> >>
> >> "Second Wind" <SecondWind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:0D7A3FF5-F004-4A18-BCB7-616EB54C4068@microsoft.com...
> >> > Running XP Pro & Office 2003. The "wait for voice message to end"
> >> > command
> >> > does not work. All other commands work normal. What gives?
> >> > --
> >> > Second Wind
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>
>


Phone Dialer: calling card dialing steps