mouse keeps turning off



Joe
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it always
shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works for another 5
minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the solution?

Joe
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
up

"Joe" wrote:

> i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it always
> shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works for another 5
> minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the solution?

Malke
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Joe wrote:

> up
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
>> i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it
>> always shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works
>> for another 5 minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the
>> solution?

"Up" and/or "bump" don't work on Usenet. Since you are using the web
interface, you may not realize that this is really a newsgroup. You
will get far more out of this resource if you learn to use a
newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows, but you can
use Outlook Express since you already have it.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

As to your question, does the same problem happen with a different
mouse? Does the original mouse misbehave on a different computer? Does
the original mouse work properly if connected to a different usb port
on the original computer?

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"

Sharon F
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:09:45 -0700, Joe wrote:

> i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it always
> shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works for another 5
> minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the solution?

From Device Manager, check the properties of the mouse. Make sure the power
management options are not putting it into standby. If the problem
continues, repeat steps for USB ports in Device Manager -or- change to
"always on" in the main Power Options screen.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Yves Leclerc
07-09-2005, 11:25 PM
And check on the battery in the mouse. It could be weak.

"Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
news:eEefGh2VFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:09:45 -0700, Joe wrote:
>
>> i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it always
>> shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works for another
>> 5
>> minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the solution?
>
> From Device Manager, check the properties of the mouse. Make sure the
> power
> management options are not putting it into standby. If the problem
> continues, repeat steps for USB ports in Device Manager -or- change to
> "always on" in the main Power Options screen.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Steve N.
07-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Yves Leclerc wrote:

> And check on the battery in the mouse. It could be weak.

Where did the OP indicate it was wireless?

Steve

>
> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> news:eEefGh2VFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
>>On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:09:45 -0700, Joe wrote:
>>
>>
>>>i have a microsoft mouse that is optical connects with usb, but it always
>>>shuts off, then i unplug it and plug it back in and it works for another
>>>5
>>>minutes then shuts off again.... anyone know the solution?
>>
>>From Device Manager, check the properties of the mouse. Make sure the
>>power
>>management options are not putting it into standby. If the problem
>>continues, repeat steps for USB ports in Device Manager -or- change to
>>"always on" in the main Power Options screen.
>>
>>--
>>Sharon F
>>MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
>
>
>


mouse keeps turning off