system tray network icon



Jane
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
I have lost both my network and broadband icons from the system tray. I
have gone to Properties of these under Network Connections and the checkbox
for "Show Icon in notification area when connected" is checked.

How I can I get these reinstated?

Jane

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi Jane,

Uncheck the "show icon...." option, reboot, then recheck it. See if that
brings it back.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jane" <jjones@funnelwebinternet.com.au> wrote in message
news:OE3c9esVFHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have lost both my network and broadband icons from the system tray. I
> have gone to Properties of these under Network Connections and the
> checkbox
> for "Show Icon in notification area when connected" is checked.
>
> How I can I get these reinstated?
>
> Jane
>
>

Alias
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
No need to reboot. This is a known XP bug.

Alias

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote
> Hi Jane,
>
> Uncheck the "show icon...." option, reboot, then recheck it. See if that
> brings it back.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Jane" <jjones@funnelwebinternet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:OE3c9esVFHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>I have lost both my network and broadband icons from the system tray. I
>> have gone to Properties of these under Network Connections and the
>> checkbox
>> for "Show Icon in notification area when connected" is checked.
>>
>> How I can I get these reinstated?
>>
>> Jane
>>
>>
>
>

Richard Urban
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Uncheck/save recheck/save

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"Jane" <jjones@funnelwebinternet.com.au> wrote in message
news:OE3c9esVFHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have lost both my network and broadband icons from the system tray. I
> have gone to Properties of these under Network Connections and the
> checkbox
> for "Show Icon in notification area when connected" is checked.
>
> How I can I get these reinstated?
>
> Jane
>
>

Richard Urban
07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Yep. Happens occasionally on a few computers I maintain!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
news:eHtiL1tVFHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> No need to reboot. This is a known XP bug.
>
> Alias
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote
>> Hi Jane,
>>
>> Uncheck the "show icon...." option, reboot, then recheck it. See if that
>> brings it back.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Jane" <jjones@funnelwebinternet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:OE3c9esVFHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>I have lost both my network and broadband icons from the system tray. I
>>> have gone to Properties of these under Network Connections and the
>>> checkbox
>>> for "Show Icon in notification area when connected" is checked.
>>>
>>> How I can I get these reinstated?
>>>
>>> Jane
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


system tray network icon