Problems with settings for IE in TD



Franz Leu
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi group

I have set custom URL's for the Home, Search and Support page in TD.
However, these settings do not take effect.
I have IE as shell with minlogon on a CF disk with EWF RAM reg mode.

Did I miss some other setting?
Thanks for your help and best regards
Franz

KM
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Franz,

In your build, in post-FBA image you may want to verify that the settings
were set properly in \Program Files\Internet Explorer\SignUp\install.ins
file.

I haven't tested this with SP2 but on SP1 it worked ok with Winlogon.
As a workaround I'd suggest you to have your settings set up in your own
version of install.ins and overwrite this file with TD Extra Files or your
won component.

KM

> Hi group
>
> I have set custom URL's for the Home, Search and Support page in TD.
> However, these settings do not take effect.
> I have IE as shell with minlogon on a CF disk with EWF RAM reg mode.
>
> Did I miss some other setting?
> Thanks for your help and best regards
> Franz
>

Franz Leu
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi KM,

I have checked the install.ins pre- and post-FBA.
They are OK, still non of the settings in there take effect.
If you have any further idea, I would very much appreciate.

Thanks and best regards
Franz



"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:eVMGlkcXFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Franz,
>
> In your build, in post-FBA image you may want to verify that the settings
> were set properly in \Program Files\Internet Explorer\SignUp\install.ins
> file.
>
> I haven't tested this with SP2 but on SP1 it worked ok with Winlogon.
> As a workaround I'd suggest you to have your settings set up in your own
> version of install.ins and overwrite this file with TD Extra Files or your
> won component.
>
> KM
>
>> Hi group
>>
>> I have set custom URL's for the Home, Search and Support page in TD.
>> However, these settings do not take effect.
>> I have IE as shell with minlogon on a CF disk with EWF RAM reg mode.
>>
>> Did I miss some other setting?
>> Thanks for your help and best regards
>> Franz
>>
>
>

Franz Leu
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
add on:

I feel like this problem came up with the latest updates from MS, since it
once worked.
Can I somehow tell the IE Explorer component not to use the latest Q890923
version for testing purpose?

Best regards
Franz

"Franz Leu" <franz.leu@spam_removal.norfolk.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ulpn$Z3XFHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi KM,
>
> I have checked the install.ins pre- and post-FBA.
> They are OK, still non of the settings in there take effect.
> If you have any further idea, I would very much appreciate.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Franz
>
>
>
> "KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:eVMGlkcXFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Franz,
>>
>> In your build, in post-FBA image you may want to verify that the settings
>> were set properly in \Program Files\Internet Explorer\SignUp\install.ins
>> file.
>>
>> I haven't tested this with SP2 but on SP1 it worked ok with Winlogon.
>> As a workaround I'd suggest you to have your settings set up in your own
>> version of install.ins and overwrite this file with TD Extra Files or
>> your won component.
>>
>> KM
>>
>>> Hi group
>>>
>>> I have set custom URL's for the Home, Search and Support page in TD.
>>> However, these settings do not take effect.
>>> I have IE as shell with minlogon on a CF disk with EWF RAM reg mode.
>>>
>>> Did I miss some other setting?
>>> Thanks for your help and best regards
>>> Franz
>>>
>>
>>
>

KM
07-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Franz,

When you say the values in the install.ins file are OK - do you mean they are the values you set in TD?
We are talking about Search_Page, Home_Page and Help_Page values, right?
If so, the problem is not in the component revision.

Are you sure it ever worked for you with Minlogon?

> I feel like this problem came up with the latest updates from MS, since it once worked.
> Can I somehow tell the IE Explorer component not to use the latest Q890923 version for testing purpose?

It is a tricky one if you happened to install SP2 already or the latest QFE.
If you don't want to mess up with CMI/VSGUIDs/etc., you may want to uninstall that QFE and return to the previous revision of the IE
component by deleting and adding it to the Config again.

KM

PS. Make sure to NOT specify protocol (like http://) in the IE settings for Search/Home pages.

> "Franz Leu" <franz.leu@spam_removal.norfolk.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ulpn$Z3XFHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi KM,
>>
>> I have checked the install.ins pre- and post-FBA.
>> They are OK, still non of the settings in there take effect.
>> If you have any further idea, I would very much appreciate.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards
>> Franz
>>
>>
>>
>> "KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eVMGlkcXFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Franz,
>>>
>>> In your build, in post-FBA image you may want to verify that the settings were set properly in \Program Files\Internet
>>> Explorer\SignUp\install.ins file.
>>>
>>> I haven't tested this with SP2 but on SP1 it worked ok with Winlogon.
>>> As a workaround I'd suggest you to have your settings set up in your own version of install.ins and overwrite this file with TD
>>> Extra Files or your won component.
>>>
>>> KM
>>>
>>>> Hi group
>>>>
>>>> I have set custom URL's for the Home, Search and Support page in TD.
>>>> However, these settings do not take effect.
>>>> I have IE as shell with minlogon on a CF disk with EWF RAM reg mode.
>>>>
>>>> Did I miss some other setting?
>>>> Thanks for your help and best regards
>>>> Franz


Problems with settings for IE in TD