DUA COPYFILE limitation



SilentCode
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
DUA COPYFILE command is unable to cope with a comma in the filename?

"my filename, is valid.txt" wont compile because of the "," comma character.

Does the DUS scripting language have escape characters or is there no way to
copy this file?

Thanks

KM
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
SilentCode,

Have you tried using quotes around the file name (path)?

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.


> DUA COPYFILE command is unable to cope with a comma in the filename?
>
> "my filename, is valid.txt" wont compile because of the "," comma character.
>
> Does the DUS scripting language have escape characters or is there no way to
> copy this file?
>
> Thanks

SilentCode
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi,

This is the command
COPYFILE,,,"c:\temp\Customiz,ation Track List.txt",,c:\temp\dua\file1.txt,DANO

This is the error:
....\Windows Embedded\bin\DUAoutput.dup" Error Invalid value specified

I've tried single quotes, double quotes, braces, brackets etc but nothing
seems to work (as I expected) and I haven't found any documentation on how to
represent a comma character in a string literal.

I guess for now I'll just avoid files that have comma's in them and figure
out a work around if the issue ever comes up.

Thanks.

"KM" wrote:

> SilentCode,
>
> Have you tried using quotes around the file name (path)?
>
> --
> Regards,
> KM, BSquare Corp.
>
>
> > DUA COPYFILE command is unable to cope with a comma in the filename?
> >
> > "my filename, is valid.txt" wont compile because of the "," comma character.
> >
> > Does the DUS scripting language have escape characters or is there no way to
> > copy this file?
> >
> > Thanks
>
>
>

KM
07-09-2005, 10:25 PM
SilentCode,

This must be a DUA parser bug as files with comma(s) in thier names are fine.
I'd log a bug to MS Product team.

KM

> This is the command
> COPYFILE,,,"c:\temp\Customiz,ation Track List.txt",,c:\temp\dua\file1.txt,DANO
>
> This is the error:
> ...\Windows Embedded\bin\DUAoutput.dup" Error Invalid value specified
>
> I've tried single quotes, double quotes, braces, brackets etc but nothing
> seems to work (as I expected) and I haven't found any documentation on how to
> represent a comma character in a string literal.
>
> I guess for now I'll just avoid files that have comma's in them and figure
> out a work around if the issue ever comes up.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "KM" wrote:
>
>> SilentCode,
>>
>> Have you tried using quotes around the file name (path)?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> KM, BSquare Corp.
>>
>>
>> > DUA COPYFILE command is unable to cope with a comma in the filename?
>> >
>> > "my filename, is valid.txt" wont compile because of the "," comma character.
>> >
>> > Does the DUS scripting language have escape characters or is there no way to
>> > copy this file?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>>
>>


DUA COPYFILE limitation