How do I turn off labels under desk top icons ?



TMMerlin
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the desk top icons ?

Thanks

Bert Kinney
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi,

Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View tab, and uncheck
this option:
"Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/


TMMerlin wrote:
> Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
> desk top icons ?
>
> Thanks

TMMerlin
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Thank You Bert ... I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View tab, and uncheck
> this option:
> "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
>
> TMMerlin wrote:
> > Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
> > desk top icons ?
> >
> > Thanks
>
>
>

Bert Kinney
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
You're welcome.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

TMMerlin wrote:
> Thank You Bert ... I appreciate your taking the time to
> respond.
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View
>> tab, and uncheck this option:
>> "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>>
>> TMMerlin wrote:
>>> Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
>>> desk top icons ?
>>>
>>> Thanks


How do I turn off labels under desk top icons ?