Registry Problem



gaz
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi can anyone help me I can't seem to get my original desk top back It gives
me a tempory one. This is the message I get at start up.

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
this problem persists, contact your network administrator.


DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably.
The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that
contain the system's image of the registry.

Any help would be great
--
gaz

Ron Martell
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
gaz <gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi can anyone help me I can't seem to get my original desk top back It gives
>me a tempory one. This is the message I get at start up.
>
>Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
>error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
>this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
>
>
>DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably.
>The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that
>contain the system's image of the registry.
>
>Any help would be great

Use Accessories - System Tools - System Restore and choose the most
recent Restore Point that is prior to the onset of the problem.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm

gaz
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I tried doing that and it doesn't work on any restore point, is there
anything else I can do.

Cheers
--
gaz


"Ron Martell" wrote:

> gaz <gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi can anyone help me I can't seem to get my original desk top back It gives
> >me a tempory one. This is the message I get at start up.
> >
> >Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this
> >error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If
> >this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
> >
> >
> >DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably.
> >The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that
> >contain the system's image of the registry.
> >
> >Any help would be great
>
> Use Accessories - System Tools - System Restore and choose the most
> recent Restore Point that is prior to the onset of the problem.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
>
> In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
> http://aumha.org/alex.htm
>

Ron Martell
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
gaz <gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried doing that and it doesn't work on any restore point, is there
>anything else I can do.
>
>Cheers

You could try doing a Repair Install as per the instructions at
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Or you could try creating a new user profile and then "taking
ownership" of the documents etc. from the old profile.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm


Registry Problem