Problem Printing Cover Sheet



Joe
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover page
for her daughter's resume.

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version of
Word.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania

JR
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Sure Click File--> Page Setup-->Borders--> Page Border & choose your border
style

John

"Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:eD5xckHhFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover
> page for her daughter's resume.
>
> What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of
> A4 but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
> paper.
>
> She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version of
> Word.
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Joe
> Tasmania
>

Suzanne S. Barnhill
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:eD5xckHhFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover
page
> for her daughter's resume.
>
> What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of
A4
> but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
> paper.
>
> She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version of
> Word.
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Joe
> Tasmania
>
>

JR
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
That seems to be a broken link, Susan


"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23a375$IhFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so
> all may benefit.
>
> "Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:eD5xckHhFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover
> page
>> for her daughter's resume.
>>
>> What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of
> A4
>> but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
>> paper.
>>
>> She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version
>> of
>> Word.
>>
>> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Joe
>> Tasmania
>>
>>
>

Stan Brown
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:26:54 +1000, "Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of A4
>but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
>paper.

If you mean literally to the edged (what printers call "bleeding",
it's determined by the printer and not by the application such as
Word. Most printers have an "unprintable area" on all for sides of
the paper.

If you're using the printer driver for your specific printer, then
when MS Word tells you you're trying to print outside the printable
area, it's getting the information from the driver. Your only option
is to use a larger sheet of paper and then trim it manually.

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)

Luc
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
JR,
Works fine here, JR.
If the pageborder doesn't print the link Suzanne gave should solve your
problem. Usually I advise people with that problem to put the border
distance measured from the text and not from the edge of the paper. You can
do that in the borders and shading dialogue by hitting the options button.
Click on the list arrow next to measured from and choose text. Increase the
measurement without exaggerating.
Just my two cents though.
Luc
"JR" <onejmATcomcast.net> schreef in bericht
news:ff6dnWxMIKeXbVLfRVn-rw@comcast.com...
> That seems to be a broken link, Susan
>
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23a375$IhFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
>> so
>> all may benefit.
>>
>> "Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> news:eD5xckHhFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover
>> page
>>> for her daughter's resume.
>>>
>>> What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet
>>> of
>> A4
>>> but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
>>> paper.
>>>
>>> She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version
>>> of
>>> Word.
>>>
>>> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Joe
>>> Tasmania
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>

Joe
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Many thanks to all who answered. I have forwarded your information onto the
lady concerned and hope she can achieve success.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania
"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:onuvc19jac9fj73h8voliucrk937t3k5al@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:26:54 +1000, "Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au>
> wrote:
>
>>What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of
>>A4
>>but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
>>paper.
>
> If you mean literally to the edged (what printers call "bleeding",
> it's determined by the printer and not by the application such as
> Word. Most printers have an "unprintable area" on all for sides of
> the paper.
>
> If you're using the printer driver for your specific printer, then
> when MS Word tells you you're trying to print outside the printable
> area, it's getting the information from the driver. Your only option
> is to use a larger sheet of paper and then trim it manually.
>
> --
> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
> -- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)


Problem Printing Cover Sheet